Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long after being benzo free before discontinuing birth control pills?

[su...]

Hello Buddies,

I am interested in knowing how long to stay on Birth Control Pills once I am benzo free? Does anyone have experience, knowledge or know someone who does?

Thank you so much,

Summer

Well, I accidentally forgot to take mine three days in a row during some really heavy withdrawal (and up to that point I had never even forgotten a single day!) and then had to play catch up and had break through bleeding almost on the level of having my period for the rest of the month.  Then, if I remember correctly, also due to heavy withdrawal, I couldn't manage to re-fill the rx and had to go the next month without them.  I have very painful endometriosis, so none of that was pleasant.

That said, I don't think that any of the unpleasantness had anything to do with benzos.  So far as I can tell, the only relationship between benzos and birth control pills are that it can be hard to remember to take them correctly if you're in heavy withdrawal.  ;)

Hello Sweet G,

Thank you for you input. I really appreciate it. I am so sorry you had trouble with BC Pills while tapering. I had trouble when I discontinued them before the end of my taper.

Bye For Now,

Summer