Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Well it's been over 24 Hours

[Co...]

since my last pill - so I think I'm just going to turn this up real loud

and do a little celebratory dance!

Goodbye Goodbye Klonopin

[56...]

Congratulations, Comet!! WAY TO GO!! Please keep us posted on how things are going for you.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Much love, Nicole

Thanks all!  Been about a week now and I guess the Klonopin should be at about undetectable levels by now.  So it's all healing fom here on out.  Feels great to be on final, if long, leg of the journey.

Over 2 weeks off now, I feel 95% good!  Should have done this years ago...

Comet, that's great to know that you also feel well so soon after tapering.  I should have done this decades ago!  :)

All the best for continued healing.  I'm almost 2 weeks clean.

Kat

I read this and smiled! Big smile for you for being benzo free, and a HUGE smile to see that people do get through it and not feel awful afterwords! YAY!  :yippee:

So glad you are feeling 95% good! That's awesome!

Did you feel good through your taper as well?

I read this and smiled! Big smile for you for being benzo free, and a HUGE smile to see that people do get through it and not feel awful afterwords! YAY!  :yippee:

So glad you are feeling 95% good! That's awesome!

Did you feel good through your taper as well?

I had several bothersome symptoms along the way including insomnia, tinnitus, dizziness, anxiety, and GI problems.  I would say that the larger cuts were the worst, but never unmanageable.  In retrospect I'm really glad I did a relatively quick taper as now that I'm close to three weeks out I can honestly say I feel about 98-99% good almost all the time.  The only lingering symptom is some slight dizziness which is abating a little each day.

I know when I was getting started I was very concerned because so many seem to have strong w/d effects for months or even a year or more down the road.  But it definitely is not always a nightmare as I can attest to.

This is all so reassuring to hear, and gives me SO much hope that I too can get through this relatively symptom free! My taper has been so nice to me, and all I read are scary stories and months/years of agony! I am glad you stuck around to share your story! I know there are others that are going to be so glad to hear there is hope! I think I need to relax and quit "what if" ing that the symptoms I am feeling are from the med coming out.. or from the anxiety of worrying about it!

Thank you for your response!

This is all so reassuring to hear, and gives me SO much hope that I too can get through this relatively symptom free! My taper has been so nice to me, and all I read are scary stories and months/years of agony! I am glad you stuck around to share your story! I know there are others that are going to be so glad to hear there is hope! I think I need to relax and quit "what if" ing that the symptoms I am feeling are from the med coming out.. or from the anxiety of worrying about it!

Thank you for your response!

Best of luck.  I always kept a positive mindset even when going through the worst and tried to focus on those things that were improving and forced myself to get out an do something or get some exercise rather than the troubling w/d fx. 

Comet,

Congratulations!  :thumbsup:

I just stumbled upon this thread and had to chime in... Thank you for the support you offered during my taper as well. I'm almost 2 weeks off and feel great. I'm not sure if I ever felt bad after the last dose other than a bit of dizziness here and there and difficulty regulating my body temperature on occasion.

Good luck to you in the future.

Craig

HI Comet....  on earth, but flying (like the comet) free and through space...  Congrats to you... hoooorray.. Happy healing. Pattylu

It's been about a month since I made the jump from 7 long years of daily use of Klonopin.  So far my post taper recovery has been great.  But I just went through the craziest damn vacation of my life that I wanted to share.

My wife and I have been through a lot and we finally scheduled a much needed vacation after a very long time.  I made the decision to quit Klonopin after we scheduled it and was fearful that my anxiety and other w/d symptoms would be problematic.  Fortunately I was able to get through the taper a bit ahead of schedule and try to relax.

Unfortunately there was a whole series of events that completely derailed any hope of a relaxing seaside vacation including a hurricane, several last minute cancelled and rescheduled flights, a deathly ill wife, two trips to the emeregency room, and our house getting burglarized while we were 2000 miles away with our beloved pets in the house.

Any of the above would have sent me running to the Klonopin before.

Here's the happy part:  I never once even thought about taking a pill.  I had zero use and zero heightened anxiety beyond what a "normal" person wouldnhave felt.  I was able to handle each hiccup in stride and navigate everything without the drugs I've relied in all these years.

Alls well that ends well.  My wife is fully recovered.  Our cats safe and thrilled to have us back.  The alarm system did it's job and cut short the burglar's time in the house so they were only able to take my computer.  We're out some money for a ruined vacation, but otherwise no worse for the wear.

Most of all I'm now 100% confident that I'm fully healed from my long use.

Now if we could just get that vacation we need...

It is so good to hear with everything you had to go through that you  didn't even think of K.  That is my one fear, that I will go through this and then find I can't handle being off.  You give me hope    :thumbsup:

Yes...I feel like I was put through the ultimate test and survived.  The good news is we can certainly heal and recover from this, at least in my case, quite rapidly

• 1 month later...

Hey BBs

Well, I got distracted by life and forgot to post around here for a bit.

Quick update:  I went through an extremely stressful streatches at work and it more or less sucked.  But was able to work through it all without resorting to any Klonopin.

While I'm still way too early to relax my guard, I do have even more confidence that I'll never go back.

That being said I did go through some pretty heavy depression and had some real intense almost overwhelming sense of dread for a bit.  Every thought, every emotion was tinged with this terrible anxiety that my life was falling apart.

I realized that w/d might be contributing to these dark dark emotions and was able to work through the worst of it for now.

Hi Comet,

So good to hear from you!  Also thanks for coming back and letting us know how you are doing.  Also glad to hear you were able to go through some life stressors without going back to the K. 

Isn't the depression and feelings of dread/doom horrible.  I am also experiencing the same thing.

Take care and please continue to keep in your with your BB...

NYClady