Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need advice from experienced titrators

[tw...]

Currently, I am titrating Klonopin, but I do not have much confidence in the accuracy of the titration method in general.  I need advice -- milk or water (plus any other advice you have)?

I know that one theory on this site is that the K bonds to the fat in the milk and makes a better suspension, but not everyone agrees with that.  Plus you can't "see" the medicine, so you're just hoping it's evenly distributed after you agitate it.

I have also seen so many people on the web say they do water titration.  Obviously, substances would drop to the bottom fairly quickly in water, so why are so many people using water?  Perhaps it's ok.

Plus, I was just told by a scientist at a large supplier that K is definitely soluble in water -- that the particles we see are just the fillers.  Well, that is completely the opposite of what I've heard before about K's solubility. 

I don't know what to think -- so many theories.  Uuggghhh!

One of the main reasons for titrating (besides smaller cuts) is to get a consistent even taper.  How can I know?  I feel like it's so easy for the amount of medicine to be inconsistent from day to day, especially when you use smaller cuts.  My poor body has been up and down on this stuff too many times -- I don't want to start sending my body mixed signals again.

Any advice?  Please help.

twell

Hi, twell:

I haven't done the titration yet, am hoping to make it with just cuts/tapering.

That said, I have read about lots of people using titration and I always pictured shaking it up each time to redistribute the medicine.

I'm sure others will have better info for you. Good luck with this process!

S

When I titrated from Klonopin I used Milk and found that it did indeed make a better suspension (over water).  Most of our members use milk when titrating, and if you have no problems drinking or digesting milk, I would recommend that you do the same.

Even the filler in my Teva tablets dissolves in milk. There is no sediment for me at all.

I use milk and I am very confident it forms a very accurate solution/suspension. But one has no way to be absolutely positive. Just agitate it thoroughly anyway. There is heaps of debate on this, and basically there is no proof either way.

Even if K is soluble in water, which is unlikely you can get clonazepam to dissolve in the amounts of water we are using, the solubility is very very low, there is plenty of water in milk too :)

[cc...]

Xenofears and I are essentially using the same method to taper. I use WHOLE milk to taper with and have had no problems with it thus far. Tamzo also used whole milk for her taper.

My pill dissolves completely in the milk overnight and I just shake in the morning and then pull my cut.

One trick I did learn was to let the milk sit out on the counter for about 30 minutes in the morning to get a little warm before shaking and pulling my cut. If it's slightly warm, it won't bubble and foam as it does if it's cold straight out of the fridge.

I wish you the best of luck w/ whatever method you choose.

Much love and healing, Nicole

Hi twell,

I've been titrating with whole milk for a month now.  My concerns were the same as yours at the beginning, primarily getting the exact dosage correct.  I'm sure that I'm not getting cuts 100% right, but I figure that the amount I'm off has to be pretty minuscule and insignificant, and that over time things are probably going to even out and those tiny differences won't amount to anything.    Things are going well so far, and I'm glad I'm going about things this way (titrating daily in small amounts).

Kip