Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

PINS AND NEEDLES SO STRONG, HEART RACING,BREATHING IS BAD,,WHAT IS IT?

[MA...]

I AM HAVING STONG SENSATIONS OF PINS AN NEEDLES  RUN THROUGH MY BODY , HEART RACING, AND THEN I HAVE A HARD TIME BREATHING. IT GOES INTO MY FACE AND HEAD AND I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA HAVE A STROKE OR MY HEART IS JUST GONNA STOP. COULD THIS STILL BE FROM COMING OFF THE NEURONTIN. I CAME OFF IN JAN. 1800 MILIGRAMS IN A WEEK. THINGS SEEM TO BE GETTING WORSE INSTEAD OF BETTER. REALLY GETTING AFRAID. I'M THINKING MAYBE IT IS SOMETHING ELSE. I WAKE UP ALL NITE FROM THESE SURGES AND I BOLT OUT OF SLEEP GASPING FOR AIR. IS THIS WITHDRAWALS OF SOMETHING ELSE. ANYONE ELSE HAVE SYMPTOMS LIKE THIS?

I AFRAID TO GO TO SLEEP. WAKING UP IS HORRIBLE...

TAKES ME SO LONG TO GET MYSELF TOGETHER AND THEN IT HITS ME ALL DAY LONG. COULD IT BE MY HEART?

ANY ADVISE?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE WILL EVER HAVE CHAT BACK AGAIN....?

HOPE EVERYONE IS GETTING BETTER.. :'( :'(

It sounds like withdrawal to me, but I'm not a doctor so getting a check up on those symptoms might be advisable. How long have you been feeling like this?

Marlene..

Oh Boy those are so creepy and freaked me out!!!

Yes the pins and needle I had awful but I also got like a blanket

running up my body to my face ...Its the nerves moveing like as if they

are way over active Alive !!!!

For me its very common!!!! As for the breathing issues I had that 2

but only at night rt before I fell asleep,

I am so sorry Marl I know this way to scary and to Long!!!

This w/d ends and soon you will see sxs slowly drop off

Hang in there Marl!!!!

Im praying for you

:smitten:~Jenny

I have all those symptoms along with chest discomfort. I too thought it was my heart but after a stress test,event monitor, several ekg's and a echocardiogram that were all normal kinda puts my mind at ease knowing its w/d. But sometimes its best to get certain things checked out so you won't obsess over the what ifs!

I would go back on the drug/drugs you stopped fast and get on a dose until your stablized and taper much more slowly. This is what I had to do after my detox nightmare.

Marlene, alot of your symptoms I would think are related to Benzo w/d hun , but I also believe the Neurontin also is contributing to these symptoms, I have heard many times that Neurontin acts on the GABA too, but does not have the same lengthy w/ds as Benzos, what ever you do , please do not reinstate on Benzos , I also had that severe pins and needles as you describe , I had it all over my entire body Marlene , and I mean litterally , if you go to my blog you will see what I posted abt the severity. And it was all from the w/d off K , not Neurontin . Hang in there Marlene, this is hard , but in the end it will be all worth it sweetie.

Love Laura

xoxoxoxoo

your in my prayers honey

Everyone is different. I reinstated the Ativan I was taken down from very rapidly and am now crossing over to Librium and then I will withdrawal very slowly over time. Better to feel good and be able to function in life than to be trying to live life everyday "hoping" you will get better "soon" but not know when??? This is why I reinstated.

[4d...]

Everyone is different. I reinstated the Ativan I was taken down from very rapidly and am now crossing over to Librium and then I will withdrawal very slowly over time. Better to feel good and be able to function in life than to be trying to live life everyday "hoping" you will get better "soon" but not know when??? This is why I reinstated.

She has been off a lot longer than you have and I don't think she's looking to reinstate. I think she's looking for answers to her symptoms as to whether they're related to BW or whether they're related to the w/d from the Neurontin. Telling someone that's this many months off to reinstate is irresponsible, IMO.

I think it's a bit of both. I am ON Neurontin...900mg/d. I c/t'ed off of K, X and Ambien initially and stayed in C/T for 4 months. I then reinstated to 1.25mg of K and have been tapering since. I STILL have the pins and needles sensation all over my back and spine, despite reinstating and deciding to do a slow taper. Klonopin is notorious for causing this symptom. MANY members have it. Some in greater or lesser severity than others.

I think the Nuerontin was probably covering up some of the skin symptoms and then when you went off of it, they were much more pronounced and also you got w/d from the Neurontin. Ask Woodrowe...after he was C/T'ed the first time, he was put on Neurontin. He then tapered himself off of the Neurontin and said that his symptoms all got WAY worse. He then went back on Valium to taper b/c of the worsening of symptoms...

So, You're not alone in that coming off of the Neurontin exacerbated some of your symptoms from the K withdrawal. I still think that they're going to pass w/ time. Hang in there and have faith that this is ALL W/D related and that it will go away w/ time. I know how awful the skin symptoms can get. It's enough to drive you straight up a wall. The burning and tingling are two of my worst symptoms and I'm still ON the Neurontin.

Hang in there, friend...it WILL let up and pass. You'll get through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love and healing to you, Nicole

I am tapering from Lorazepam, so don't know how much is the same in w/d as you.  The pins and needles wake me up in the morning and the sensation is all over my body.  Scary.  It stays with me a long time.

Miss Kim..

Marlene is suffering for sure as well as all of us did during our w/d!

This is what Benzo W/D can do and leave us with way many sxs that

last very long and yes leave us Non functinal! But the Goal is to be OFF

and get thru this Hell Ride and LIVE allday everyday with no sxs and very FUNCTIONAL

without Benzos.She is a Fighter and has been doing so for over 9 months Reinstatement wasnt even her question it was about sxs..

Did you reinstate after 9 months Miss Kim? I hope your doing well and when you decide to taper down that you dont go thru the Horror of Benzo W/D!!!!

;)~Jenny

Marlene when you says pins and needles do you mean like all the nerves are going crazy almost like they are going numb? I have that now for about 4 weeks. I feel it is still healing. Mine gets so bad I feel lightheaded with a feeling of lose of balance. Don't start on any of those drugs that made us that way. I am always thinking of taking a benzo to make this all stop but I never will. Not after all this time of fighting this horrible vice that grabs us all. We will heal  luv angel

I AM HAVING STONG SENSATIONS OF PINS AN NEEDLES  RUN THROUGH MY BODY , HEART RACING, AND THEN I HAVE A HARD TIME BREATHING. IT GOES INTO MY FACE AND HEAD AND I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA HAVE A STROKE OR MY HEART IS JUST GONNA STOP. COULD THIS STILL BE FROM COMING OFF THE NEURONTIN. I CAME OFF IN JAN. 1800 MILIGRAMS IN A WEEK. THINGS SEEM TO BE GETTING WORSE INSTEAD OF BETTER. REALLY GETTING AFRAID. I'M THINKING MAYBE IT IS SOMETHING ELSE. I WAKE UP ALL NITE FROM THESE SURGES AND I BOLT OUT OF SLEEP GASPING FOR AIR. IS THIS WITHDRAWALS OF SOMETHING ELSE. ANYONE ELSE HAVE SYMPTOMS LIKE THIS?

I AFRAID TO GO TO SLEEP. WAKING UP IS HORRIBLE...

TAKES ME SO LONG TO GET MYSELF TOGETHER AND THEN IT HITS ME ALL DAY LONG. COULD IT BE MY HEART?

ANY ADVISE?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE WILL EVER HAVE CHAT BACK AGAIN....?

HOPE EVERYONE IS GETTING BETTER.. :'( :'(

Marlene,

First I want to say how sorry I am you are going through this experience. :therethere:

I think it's hard to tell whether it's the Valium and Neurotin you jumped off of or something else, either case, I think you should get a full cardio workup from a doctor. I'm not a doctor, but I think a cardiologist may be able to help you with this. I know doctors use beta-blockers for things like this.

What does your doctor say about this? Are they monitoring your blood pressure and heart rate? I would feel more assured if I had a doctor checking everything and monitoring your symptoms-from whatever they are from.

I have had pins and needles, tingling in my hands and feet, electric surges and so forth from Xanax.

I hope your doctor is helpful to you during this, if not I would get a second opinion to re-assess how to manage your situation.

Again, I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now. Bless you.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. I WAS THINKING MAYBE IT WAS MY THYROID OR SOMETHING BEING I RECENTLY HAD SURGERY BUT I FEEL BETTER KNOWING YOU ALL THINK IT'S WITHDRAWALS....LOVE YOU ALL

REINSTATEMENT IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME, I WANT MY LIFE BACK...

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. I WAS THINKING MAYBE IT WAS MY THYROID OR SOMETHING BEING I RECENTLY HAD SURGERY BUT I FEEL BETTER KNOWING YOU ALL THINK IT'S WITHDRAWALS....LOVE YOU ALL

REINSTATEMENT IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME, I WANT MY LIFE BACK...

Marlene,

Surgery shocks the system, that's for sure, I just had surgery too, but I'm doing alright.

I don't know if it's withdrawal or not in your case.

I hope your doctors are monitoring you carefully.

I would not reinstate either if it were me.

I hope you feel better soon, you sound like such a brave person.

Marlene when you says pins and needles do you mean like all the nerves are going crazy almost like they are going numb? I have that now for about 4 weeks. I feel it is still healing. Mine gets so bad I feel lightheaded with a feeling of lose of balance. Don't start on any of those drugs that made us that way. I am always thinking of taking a benzo to make this all stop but I never will. Not after all this time of fighting this horrible vice that grabs us all. We will heal  luv angel

Marlene I love you honey I am here for you I promise stay well

Luv

Mishi

[4d...]

Miss Kim..

and get thru this Hell Ride and LIVE allday everyday with no sxs and very FUNCTIONAL

without Benzos.She is a Fighter and has been doing so for over 9 months Reinstatement wasnt even her question it was about sxs..

Did you reinstate after 9 months Miss Kim? I hope your doing well and when you decide to taper down that you dont go thru the Horror of Benzo W/D!!!!

;)~Jenny

:thumbsup:

FWIW, I had most of the same symptoms last night, and at my annual physical today was told I have ideal blood pressure, heart rate, etc. Seems it's not my heart, but my head (or at least my GABA receptors.)

It's the drug and the withdrawals.

They tell me this will end.

S

Miss Kim..

;)~Jenny

Oh yes, I have been through the horror of benzo withdrawal and never again! I was in tolerance withdrawal and went to detox (big mistake) and was taken from 6mg-7mg Ativan to 1.5mg in less than 2 weeks. It was a living nightmare! I'm sorry, when I read her story I was on my cell which is hard to see all. I hope I don't go through benzo horror ever again. The first time I went through benxo withdrawal was when I was on a low dose of jut 2mg per day. I was in jail for failure to pay fines and they didn't give me my Ativan because they said it was a narcotic. I went through a whole day and a half without it and suffered bad. Finally a very nice jailer came on shift and noticed I was not doing well. He knew the dangers of sudden withdrawal from benzo's and made sure I got my meds as prescribed. I am sure I will go through something before all this is done.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Marlene:

I was reading your post and you were talking about bolting out of bed not being able to breath and I have had the same symptom which

is very scary and unpleasant. The times it has happened I remind myself that its only nerves and that there is nothing wrong with my breathing or heart and the symptoms subside. I've noted that if one gives these symptoms energy....if you let it get past 4 on the Richter Scale of Withdrawal it will take a life of its own...its almost like all those negative chemicals get unleased and its hard to bring them under control.

Anyway, it sounds very much like a symptom...may you be healthy, wealthy and wise very very soon!

I still have a long way to go on my recovery (and hope there's more improvement to come) but I can say that I had some terrible insomnia, choking starts from sleep attempts, feelings of suffocation while dozing off and also in the middle of sleep and it made the bed a terrible place.

I still have breathing hang-ups and feel light-of-breath when awake, but strangely my sleep's gotten better. I believe the same can and will happen for you to. Be strong. Be strong.