Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Do we really heal from all of this?

[ea...]

I know that you've been here long enough to see members report their healing, Sigma.  You also know a lot of them never come back and report on how they are doing unless they are having problems so most never return after they are off.  Short answer, yes, we do heal!  ;)

This may need to be moved.

After going through this, do we really heal?

Yes, we do heal. Even the worst of us heal.  :)

Beeper made a very good point.

Most people get on with their lives instead of staying here looking at post reminding them how awful their taper was. If you can live you life to the fullest, why stick around a message board. If you are here, most likely you still are not quite there yet.

The two doctors I respect the most with hands on experiences going back more the two decades both say. We do heal!!

Why are you so afraid when all evidence speaks to the contrary?

Yes - once in a while we hear about a person who still after 7 years has not healed yet, but do we really know that persons story, could the prolonged symptoms by example be the affects of an anxiety syndrome?.

Sometimes I believe that we need to look at something else but people going through withdrawal. We need to look at the positive to feel it ourselves, otherwise we will all be dragged down.

I am so fortunate to have sessions with a psychiatrist who educates our health system (Denmark) in reducing benzo usage, visiting psych units helping the doctors to understand the problems with prescribing benzodiazepines for more than 14 days.

This psychiatrist has followed thousands of patients for more than 20 years, and his findings are that we do heal. We all heal!!

If I would believe anything, I believe hands on experience with demographically different patients for a timespan of more than 20 years.

He said things to me that I understand in retrospect...Also speaking about the psychological aftermath when we need to learn to live without the crutch of benzidiazepines - a devil i disguise. 

I know what you mean.  You start to feel better, than wham, you get hit with what you had or, theres something new to overcome.  But, I  believe in healing and if not in healing, then in dealing. We may have to learn to deal with issues that come up. 

My only choice is to believe with 100% certainty that with time comes healing

Exactly what I was gonna write. I just keep praying that, as we go through all this anguish, and the suffering of tapering...there truly will be a light at the end of this f*^king long, horrible, dreadful tunnel. Amen.

Travuz, lol re the end of your last sentence.  I here you.  I noticed you switched over to liquid k.  Did you have to go thru a compound pharmacy?  How's it working?  Keep believing....there is a light at the end of tunnel.  :)

I am here sigma with yu.. I am questioning this also... God I hope you get better.. I wish I could hold your hand right now.

I would in a minute... Please be well..

Luv,

Mishi

Travuz, lol re the end of your last sentence.  I here you.  I noticed you switched over to liquid k.  Did you have to go thru a compound pharmacy?  How's it working?  Keep believing....there is a light at the end of tunnel.   :)

Lookingahead

I went through my pharmacist...since I did not know of any compound pharmacy. It's a funny story really...as I had gone to pick up my dad's meds. I was actually going through w/d at this time and was losing weight quick because I was cutting my tablet by this point. I brought up Clonazepam...to inquire about compounding it. I told him about all my sx's...he looked at me in disbelief. He says, "I never heard anyone having problems like this with Clonazepam." I reply, "I guess I am those few unfortunates, who developed a dependency. Anyway do you know of anyone who can compound this...I don't care how far I have to go." He smiled "Hey I can do it for you...most pharmacist know how to compound." I wanted to fall on my knees. If there is a God, at this point, He was surely looking after me. My pharmacist does all the talking...goes to the effort of calling my doctor and getting repeats. I owe this guy big time. when I went to pick up the compound the first time...I did bring the Ashton manual...he simply told me to go as slow as I need to go, and to be careful. I any problems occur...to call and let him know.

It's going as well as it can go. The difficulty lies in the sx and the turmoil at home. I have control over many aspects of this tapering...but nothing I can do about the w/d process or all those problems i'm inundated with. How funny is that. Anyway, my pharmacist even instructed me on how to titrate the compound...if I really need to slow down. He's been a blessing.

The only crappy part is the sx follow no matter what. Depression is hitting real hard and so are ideations. But compounding is the way to go...I think. You really do have better control and the compound lasts for 3 months. I've read posts where people repeat every month...but so far I've had no problems, going the full 3 months with the compounded formula. Plus it doesn't need to be refrigerated...just keep out of direct sunlight and keep within normal room temps. Does not lose efficacy either. Hope everything is going well for you.

Thanks Travus, I will have to ask my pharmacist.  Sorry about turmoil  t home.  Even a little bit can send anyone into a downward spiral.  When I lived at home, I couldnt wait to get out.  That was the beginning of anxiety.  Families dont know how greatly they affect each other.  For better or for worse.  home should be a haven/refuge.  But, you're on the road to recovery.  I hope things fall into place for you and you get the peace and support you need to heal.

[ea...]

Tropicalsoul,

Are you healed?

Tropicalsoul,

Are you healed?

This pretty hard to answer. After all this time I've come to believe that being healed is relative to our expectations.  There was a time that I thought healing would mean that I would feel and look like I did before benzos (benzo induced thinking, I'm sure  :laugh:). Now I realize that is pretty impossible, this changes you in ways you can't imagine.  It's been 13 years since I took my first benzo. Life doesn't stand still for anyone, life experiences changes all of us, plus the normal wear and tear of aging. But I digress..... ;D

Do I consider myself healed? In many ways, yes. I've healed in ways I didn't even know I was damaged.  Do I have still some issues? Yes.  Am I continuing to heal? Yes. Will I completely heal in every sense of the term?  I don't know.  But I do know this, I'm living life better than ever. I do what when I want. Considering what I went through in tolerance, the c/t and then wd I consider myself pretty lucky.

Sorry about the novel for a yes or no question but like I said, it's hard for me to answer. There are many variables.  :)