Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

dp/dr.....normal?

[co...]

And I wouldn't say that it is abnormal  :)  This is not a linear process, and as we are all different and heal at different rates, this could well be just a minor flare up.

Hope it passes soon.

I've had short periods of depersonalization during my taper, and it left me for maybe 2 months...started getting that feeling again yesterday, but it backed off.  It usually seems to start when stressed..and it can be only a small stressor that can bring it on.  I don't know why it hasn't continued, but that's the way w/d is...never linear. 

I don't think I've experienced derealization...yet.

[28...]

Do you have it all the time at this point after being off or do you just have it intermittently?

I am having it thick right now, but I C/T'ed a huge amt of Benzo and am now tapering still after the C/T, so I would think it would be normal for me at this point.

Some people just take longer to heal up. You may still be getting waves which include the DP/DR. Do you only get it when stressed or does it just come out of nowhere or is it all the time?

I'm sorry that you're still suffering this far out. Hang in there, friend. I am over here praying for a clear head as well. I hope it happens sooner than later. The mental/psych stuff is awful to deal with. I pray that this symptom leaves you for good soon.

Much love and healing, Nicole