Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ever heard of this taper or is this guy a quack?

[4l...]

First, let me start by saying... WHY are US doctors uneducated about Benzo withdrawal?  REALLY?!?!? 

Anyway, the recent doc we are seeing (2nd visit) told us his latest/greatest advice for tapering.

Mon, Tues take 6mg... Wed, Thurs, Fri take 5mg... Sat, Sun take 6mg OR alternate 6mg Mon then 5mg Tues etc.

Do this for a MONTH then go to 5.5mg and 4.5 as outlined above.  At this rate it would be MONTHS to taper down. 

Needless to say, we are hugely skeptical of this plan and think we'll trudge along with our Ashton plan.  Just curious if anyone has tried this yo-yo schedule.

I recently saw a doctor say for someone on Suboxone to get up to massive dose and then c/t it as the drug will be stacked up to such massive amounts that it will make the w/d easier  :idiot: :idiot:

Yo-yo'ing your dose does not seem like a good idea if you ask me, though this is minimal yo-yo'ing. Did he give you his rationale?

Tapering benzos should be done by very frequent re-evaluation by the patient. It shouldn't be set to some schedule.

Sadly, many people, including myself, find it does indeed take many many months to taper off and not have the taper be just as bad as a cold-turkey. Other people can do it much faster. You have to play it by ear.

Ugh!  I think I would stick with Ashton.  I tried so called taper plans from different docs and they were horrendous! 

Ashton's method was the only one that worked for me.