Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

body aches so much worse

[pi...]

I am going to be 8 weeks off benzo this Saturday.  This week my body aches are sooo bad.  Has anyone had it so bad that they can hardly walk.  My right side is really sore and just just hurts to even move.  The muscle pain goes down my right side, my quad, calfs etc.  I do sleep on my right side since I have been unable to sleep on left shoulder since before surgery. I've tried tylenol with no relief.  I don't do well on ibuprophen because it gives me stomach issues. I feel pretty disabled.

pianogirl

Hi painogirl...I'm about 9 weeks off and the aches got worse for me in week 7. They are calming down now....but at the time they felt almost flu like. I hope you feel better soon  :)

Clem

Hi Clem,

Thanks for the note of encouragement.  Did you do anything when the pain was so bad or just rest?  I don't know whether to fight through it and just do things or not.

pianogirl

Hi pianogirl....I try to walk everyday - not a power walk, just some mild movement to keep the muscles engaged. And if it felt like too much or when I'm still really sore I'll do a heating pad and/or epsom salt bath. I drink loads of water (something I should have been better at for a long time). And something that works well for me (but everyone is different) is I occasionally use Traumeel topical for my neck and back. And I strech everyday...even when it hurts so bad I could cry  :P Hope you feel better soon....

Clem  :smitten:

I'm at 4 weeks and feel like I've been beaten with a club today! I get upset stomach with aleve and ibuprofen as well, so I'm going to try some tylenol. I have been using Salon Pas menthol patches for my shoulders and neck, and just trying to take it easy.  I wish I could get out an walk but it's 110 here in PHX..:(

I'm at 4 weeks and feel like I've been beaten with a club today! I get upset stomach with aleve and ibuprofen as well, so I'm going to try some tylenol. I have been using Salon Pas menthol patches for my shoulders and neck, and just trying to take it easy.  I wish I could get out an walk but it's 110 here in PHX..:(

Julie, have you had those aches the entire time since jumping?  I used Klonopin (.5 or .25 once a day) for two weeks; tapered for three, then jumped at .125.  I'm at 19 days now. 

Thanks.

Daisygirl

Great responses - some improvements I haven't noticed but look forward to getting and some that I am experiencing as well

A few to add to my previous list:

6.  memories coming back (not always good when intrusive, but overall I feel this is a positive thing).

7.  emotions returning

8.  feeling of control

9.  feeling of hope