Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello Everybody

[an...]

I'm joining the forum because I'm about to start attempting to taper off klonopin (it's not my first try) and am looking for advice/support.

I currently take klonopin .75mg to 1mg daily. I started at .5mg and have been taking it for 10 years.

Even though the dosage is small I have a hard time cutting back without experiencing withdrawals.

I'll probably just read up on posts for a while. Good luck to everyone and nice to meet you. ;D

Hello Anago,

Sorry to hear you have symptom flares when you cut back.

I was also on Klonopin, for almost 18 years. So, I can tell you, that you will heal from this, in time as I did. ;)

Please ask questions, everyone will help the best they can.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Mike

Welcome anago, I have felt a lot of comfort here and it sure has helped me learn how to taper my Xanax. I was always so confused when I tried on my own. I spent a lot of time reading here, and in fact still do. BB is a great site for support in coming off the benzos. :)

Hi anago, welcome :)

You'll find lots of support here and buddies that are tapering Klonopin right along with you. I'm glad you found us, let us know if you have any questions.

Star

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :)

I posted a question in the tapering section..wasn't sure if it was appropriate here.

Hi Mike - yes, the symptom flare ups when I've run out of klonopin have been quite scary. I see you quit klonopin cold turkey? That must have been very difficult after taking it for so long! I'm glad to hear you are doing well now. :)