Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Shaking inside and out!!!!

[Be...]

Internal shaking before withdrawals and still afterwards??? Still shaking really bad everyday, since I started taking the ativan and since I have been off of it.  Worried this will not leave me.

I had tremors for a few weeks after I ct'd mainly in the morning, it would wake me up. They went away, only on occasion did they come back but didn't last long. It should go away for you soon too.

Hi Belle, Pattylu here.  I know how scary this is, I had it, Ron my hubby has it also, he was on Ativan - off Jan this year, me in 80's from Valium. Belle, these drugs cause all types of wds as you now, this is one of them.  One thing it causes big time, is effect on the blood sugar, mainly hypoglycemia, until you heal.  Try eating more protein, veggies, less sugars (fructose (fruit) anyother sugars), no caffine), eat 5 meals per day, rather then 3 big meal.  Your blood sugar plays a b ig part with the nervous system.  I know it is scary, but know Belle, it won't hurt you when this happens, nothing physically will happen.  It scares one terrible, you think its it your head as you don't know whats happening.  Belle, it is physical and it will cause no harm to your health... just really scary.  I had it all, but I healed from all of it.  Ron is going thru awful stuff too, but he is healing... he was on the Ativan also...  all will settle... just try to keep breathing deep, walk, eat small meals higher protein to help keep the blood sugar level.  If you can drink milk, warm a cup 2 minutes in m/wave and drink before you go to bed (20 minutes prior) it helps relax you.  Know my thoughts are with you.  Pattylu  (you will be ok :thumbsup:

Thank you Pattylu,

Did your heart race, and did you feel like you were coming out of your skin, and did you have head pressure..I have had the stuff so hard that at nite I feel like my body is going to implode on me, really.  Listen to this my resting heart rate was 120 after I ate supper.  That scares the hair off my head.  Any input on this , have your or Rons been high like that?  I sorry to be such a bother and I sincerely appreciate your response to me.

Hi Belle,

I get shaky as well, mostly in the morning but other times of the day as well.  I finished my taper on June 11.  Sometimes some cardio helps, other times not.  This morning I didn't seem to have the tremors but by evening my muscles were super sore and cramping.  I think it will come and go until it finally just goes away, we all just have to hang in there. Hard to draw a straight line sometimes, I have to laugh at that because the alternative is just cry.

pianogirl

Belle-

I have had the shakes as well.  This is just so cruel and unfair.  I have had both the internal shakes and actual real shakes where I looked like a bobble head doll.  No fun at all.  Please hang in there!

Tamzo

Thanks Tamzo I am trying but is Brutal as you know and everyone else knows.  You hang in there also.  I wish fast healing, you are strong.

love ya Belle

I too have the shaking very bad and after i eat my pulse is  always over 110 and its stays high for a few hours. This all sucks but we gone get through it!

Thank you Pattylu,

Did your heart race, and did you feel like you were coming out of your skin, and did you have head pressure..I have had the stuff so hard that at nite I feel like my body is going to implode on me, really.  Listen to this my resting heart rate was 120 after I ate supper.  That scares the hair off my head.  Any input on this , have your or Rons been high like that?  I sorry to be such a bother and I sincerely appreciate your response to me.

Thanks Gift

I guess we will get thru it or else.  Thank you and hang in there, it is so scary. Sending Healing and Hugs to you. Belle

Hi Belle...yesterday I was sitting in a chair in the mall waiting for people to get done shopping and I thought there was an earthquake.  I looked around and nothing was vibrating/ shaking but me.  It felt like I was standing next to a washing machine that was spinning off balance.  I too hope this lovely symptom passes...

Donna

Oh i hear you Donna, just wished this stuff would leave, I am glad to hear you can get out of your house.

Thank you for your reply, and wishing you speedy healing

god Bless

Belle

Yay, woodie, so glad to know that the shakes vanish!  They are scary and uncomfortable.  It's great that we have buddies like you who have faced this horror head-on and made it through.  I know you are still fighting, but you have come a long way since I first chatted with you.

All the best,

Tamzo