Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Exercise through withdrawal symptoms

[Co...]

I'm finding that forcing myself to get to the gym when I feel the absolute worst (and want to go home and hide) works well to help reset.  It feels like the last thing in the world I want to do, but never seem to regret it once I get to the gym.  It's not a panacea, just a little help.

I drug myself to exercise too. During the winter I was at my worst so when it rained I'd hit the tread mill even if I was slung over the front of it, I walked.  I always felt better afterwords  :thumbsup:

I want to do some exercise but do not feel like doing any at the moment. Hopefully as i get better i will start to do some.

I do ride my bike a little and walk the dogs which does have a positive affect but strenuous exercise where i am

pushing myself does not seem appealing at the moment.

So I started riding a bike in order to burn off the hyperactivity, depression, sadness, and fear. Everything else seems to be a struggle, as I do not have any motivation or desire. VERY lethargic. I have pushed myself every so often...when my system is going through the roof. This is usually a good way to burn off the adrenaline rush. But fatigue is making it difficult as the days go by.

This is some of my best medicine.  Not even an option for me not to.  And yes I have to force myself too, but once you get going it's easier.  I started working out weeks before even starting to taper to get my body ready, don't wait till you feel like shit, it's going to be harder at that point.  Alot of my symptoms become chest and heart related so cardio is essential for me. 

Things started to ease up some when I started to exercise. Elliptical is right not to wait. For me hiking and swimming is the best. When I feel like I can't do it I think of Linder strapping on ice packs and golfing and walking sometimes 4 miles and that gets me going.