Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

So discouraged

[Po...]

I don't even know how to explain where I am in my taper.  Down to .5mg and am in day 12.  By this time I am usually ready to taper down again.  Today I had a lousy day.  Ready to scream.  I am sure my sister and my hubby are getting tired of hearing me complain.  Oh ya, and then I start to cry.  I so want to level off from a while.  It makes me think that once I level I may stay there the rest of my life.  I feel so useless this way.  Our weather has been too hot and muggy, can't get outside.  Feel like a real loser.  We are retired and can't go anywhere or do anything. :'(  Oh well, at least this site has helpful people and info.  Thanks for listening. :brickwall:

Hang in there! Think of where you were and where you are now and pat yourself on the back for coming so far. You will get there and the road ahead will be fraught with potholes at times - these are one of those times - but you're getting there. Don't rush the next cut, you will find yourself feeling better - do it then.

Be strong! I am going to have to level off for a little bit before my next cut. Hang in there and don't rush! (that's how my Xanax withdrawal failed miserably, my doc rushed the taper) Good luck, you've come a long way.

You are not a loser. What you are going through is something most people will not have to deal with in their lives. Try to feel strong in knowing that you are pushing through the fire to get yourself free from a drug that others are still chained to. You made the conscious decision to better yourself and you're doing it. I know it feels like we're not making any progress when we feel cruddy in withdrawal, but know the more you go down the dosage ladder is the closer you'll be to freedom. You're gonna make it through this.

This is day 13 and I woke up miserable again.  Just about chewed hubby's head off.  Poor guy.  Guess the w/d's are still hanging in there.  I was doing so well.  Go could to store and also be left alone.  Now I feel panicky at the thought of either.  I'm hoping it gets better later because I have to get to the store for staples.  Wish me luck and a couple of prayers would help too.    :oXo:

Hang in there. You're in our thoughts & prayers. Unfortunately this is not a linear process so you will have ups & downs within any given day & even any given hour. Be strong-you could do this. Just remember that each day you stay the course through your taper you are that much closer to getting the real you & your real life back.

G-d bless!!!

Thanks to those of you who responded - it really helps  :smitten: I did manage to get to the grocery store (it's really close) and hubby drove.  I need to build up my courage again, and soon, my dad is 89 and lives 100 miles away.  It's been awhile since I've seen him.  He is very heathly, which helps.

Hi Popcornlady,

It seems like a neverending journey, doesn't it?  My mom is 92 and her health is failing but she was/seemed very healthy until about a month ago.  I worry about her as I'm sure you do about your dad.

Keep on tapering at a slow and steady rate, hold when you need to, and start walking up those steps to freedom.  If I can do it, I know you can.

Prayers and hugs,

Kat