Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My brother needs help

[TP...]

He's going to follow my taper plan but in England they have 2.5 mg to 1 ml (Valium). I calculate he needs to mix 3 parts water to 1 part Valium to get 1 mg = 1 ml. Is my math (maths) correct?

Tony

huh?  :laugh:

I just woke up and my brain is fuzzy

2.5mg per 1ml?

No, 3 parts water would be too much. I'm not sure on what calculation to do, but if you added 1ml water, that would make it 1.25mg per 1ml.

Not sure how much more to add to make it 1mg. I have to think about it. 

He's going to follow my taper plan but in England they have 2.5 mg to 1 ml (Valium). I calculate he needs to mix 3 parts water to 1 part Valium to get 1 mg = 1 ml. Is my math (maths) correct?

Tony

Hi Tony,

You will need to explain this more carefully.

Yeah, my brain is fuzzy too, that's why I posted this cuz my brain hurts from trying to figger it out.  :thumbsup:

Tony

Hi Tony,

You will need to explain this more carefully.

I want to make it 1 mg = 1 ml. When I got my prescription here it was 5 mg = 1 ml. So I mixed 4 parts water with 1 part Valium and got 1 mg = 1 ml.  We want to do the same thing with Jools' prescription which is 2.5 mg to a ml. :thumbsup:

T

OK, I think I understand.

If 1ml equals 2.5mg, then take 1ml of the Valium liquid, and add 1.5ml of water. This means that 2.5ml of liquid now equals 2.5mg Valium.

Perhaps a better way would be to take 2ml of the Valium liquid (5mg Valium), and add 3ml of water. You will now have 5ml of liquid, and will contain 5mg Valium.

Perhaps a better way would be to take 2ml of the Valium liquid (5mg Valium), and add 3ml of water. You will now have 5ml of liquid, and will contain 5mg Valium.

You are so smart.  :laugh:

If 1ml equals 2.5mg, then take 1ml of the Valium liquid, and add 1.5ml of water. This means that 2.5ml of liquid now equals 2.5mg Valium.

1 to 1.5 is the same as 2 to 3 which is what I first said.  Grassy ass!

T

1 to 1.5 is the same as 2 to 3 which is what I first said.

I think you have either misunderstood me:

Or, you have misunderstood your own orginal post! :laugh:

My figures definitely are not a ratio of 3:1. Mine were 3:2 (water:valium liquid)!

He just wrote the following to me: "It's 2 mg diazepam to 5 ml of liquid mate, I got it wrong."

My brain just won't wrap itself around this. Help!  :crazy:

1 to 1.5 is the same as 2 to 3 which is what I first said.

I think you have either misunderstood me:

Or, you have misunderstood your own orginal post! :laugh:

My figures definitely are not a ratio of 3:1. Mine were 3:2 (water:valium liquid)!

Oh yeah, I meant 3 to 2. But that's moot now.

He just wrote the following to me: "It's 2 mg diazepam to 5 ml of liquid mate, I got it wrong."

I mean doesn't this mean we need to evaporate off 1.5 ml of liquid? Urgh!

Erm, you've lost me again!

Well with 2 mg diazepam to 5 ml of liquid how do we get 1 mg = 1 ml? Originally he told me 2 ml = 5 mg. I was able to handle that, but this? Do I still have benzo brain?

Well with 2 mg diazepam to 5 ml of liquid how do we get 1 mg = 1 ml? Originally he told me 2 ml = 5 mg. I was able to handle that, but this? Do I still have benzo brain?

if you add 5ml's water(to the 2mg/5mls), then it would be 2mg/10ml.  Or 1mg/5ml  ;)

Not that I know of. You can't take liquid away, you can ony add it.

What I described is only one step.  ;D

You can't make 1mg per 1ml from a 2mg per 5ml formula.

Or you can use 2.5 mls, that would be 1mg. 

That would be simpler.  :laugh:

Exactly. ::):laugh:

:P  :laugh:

Hey, what can I say, I had an epiphany!

well let me gum up the works, you dont really want 1mg to equall 1 ml do you? wouldnt that be extremely hard to reduce?

As it stands now if one uses the existing 2mg per 5ml ,reducing by 1ml would equal a.4mg cut.

If you wish to make smaller reductions you would add more liquid so if you added 5ml to the solution = 2mg per 10ml, each 1ml reduction would equall .2mg of valium :)

Bobers

well let me gum up the works, you dont really want 1mg to equall 1 ml do you? wouldnt that be extremely hard to reduce?

As it stands now if one uses the existing 2mg per 5ml ,reducing by 1ml would equal a.4mg cut.

If you wish to make smaller reductions you would add more liquid so if you added 5ml to the solution = 2mg per 10ml, each 1ml reduction would equall .2mg of valium :)

Bobers

Or........ starting with  2.5mls (equaling 1mg), you could reduce by .5mls, therefore reducing your dose by 1/5th, or .2mg. (without having to add any water) ;D 

So 0.1 mg would be 0.25 ml. That would work for him as we have set a taper plan of reduction by 0.1 mg at a time. Should a seen that right off. Duh. Actually easier this way.

Multiply the Milligrammage by 2.5 to get the millilitres. Sometimes I just got to look at it from a different perspective. Duh!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone.

T

Actually you divide the mg value by the ml value ie 1mg V divided by the # of ml in this case 2.5ml which equals .4mg per ml. Hey dont I get any Kudos for defining the problem :2funny:

Bobers