Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How fast Klonopin w/d given circumstances?

[Ki...]

Hi,

In July 2006 I started taking 3 mgs Klonopin per day.

By this last March 21st I'd worked my way down to .5 per day.  (Most of the interim I wasn't trying to cut, as I was unaware of the seriousness of being on benzos.)

On March 21 I started drinking alcohol again.  Stopped drinking at the end of last month (April) and was given Serax for alcohol withdrawals.    In the last two weeks I went from a gob of Serax (150 - 180 per day, if not more) to 75 mg per day.

Yesterday my doctor switched me to Klonopin, recommending that I start out at 2 mgs per day. 

She thought that it might be possible for me to work my way back to the .5 I was on on March 21 fairly quickly, since that time wasn't long ago (less than two months).

I want to hear what you guys think, though.    Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Kip

Please help if you can.

I only have a minute, I'm on my way out the door,  but 2 months is plenty of time to build back up a strong dependence.

It would be best if you tapered the klon at aprox the recommended rate of 10% every week or so.

Especially since the rapid reduction of a very high dose of serax may not have fully hit you yet. 

Later!!

Hi

I became physically dependent in 6 weeks, I would take the least amount you can to feel stablized

Bob