Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Coal comment to Tpirog

[...]

Tony,

I am happy and proud of you for being benzo free. To many of us here being on 1/2mg of Klonopin then crossing over to Valium wouldn't be that big of a deal. But if it was challenging to you I’m happy you were able to overcome it. You posted your journal from your days of “Hell” in 2006 a couple times and it never mentioned most of the symptoms you claim to have had today.

Let’s be realistic about Benzodiazephines. It is a very effective medication under certain circumstances when used for the short term. Even if used for a long period of time there is a tolerance issue and withdrawal syndrome that for some can be unpleasant but certainly not the worst thing that will happen in most people’s life. For most as we age physical illness eventually becomes a problem of a much larger magnitude then the use of Benzodiazephines and it’s withdrawal. 

Suffering from benzo tolerance or withdrawal is not a great place to be but there are so many others in life that have it worse. Think about the people who have cancer, heart disease, chronic pain, brain tumors, Alzheimer's, quadriplegics and so many more. If you made a list of people with health problems in the order of severity being on Benzos wouldn't even make the first five hundred. I’m sure every one of these people would trade their disease for a very curable benzo withdrawal in a heartbeat. Sure Benzo withdrawal isn't fun but its not chemotherapy.

With the symptoms you mentioned being gone I hope you plan on tapering off your other medications soon. Anti depressants have a much worse record of causing harmful adverse reactions. With all do respect Tony, You filed complaints with the Attorney General's office and the Better business bureau over a yahoo account YOU abandoned a while ago and is no longer active? Does that seem rational?  There are some great people at paxilprogress.org who can help you get off the poison you are still on.

None of us can say for sure if we will ever go on Benzo’s again we haven't lived our entire life yet. So it’s wrong of us to judge who do. OK?

The Yahoo account doesn't belong to me. I am helping out a neighbor. He needs this account to run his business, and has had it active for over 10 years.

Please try and get your facts straight.

Tony,

Your post insinuated the account was not active for some time and you were frustrated at Yahoo for not being able to access it. To me it seemed rather odd for a person to go to the extreme of filing a formal complaint with the Attorney General's office and the Better business bureau over a yahoo account. The point I was trying to make is that anti-depressants can cause many side effects. Try googling Lexapro dangers. I’m very serious that benzos are as bad as some anti-depressants. The yahoo thing, deleting a non-offensive post. You may want to mention it to your doctor.

I wish you well Tony. You are benzo free, Now what? 

Tony,

Your post insinuated the account was not active for some time and you were frustrated at Yahoo for not being able to access it. To me it seemed rather odd for a person to go to the extreme of filing a formal complaint with the Attorney General's office and the Better business bureau over a yahoo account. The point I was trying to make is that anti-depressants can cause many side effects. Try googling Lexapro dangers. I’m very serious that benzos are as bad as some anti-depressants. The yahoo thing, deleting a non-offensive post. You may want to mention it to your doctor.

I wish you well Tony. You are benzo free, Now what? 

Err, no. You were attempting to ridicule Tony by calling his actions irrational. If you had anything about you, you would have retracted your comments and apologised. Even if your comments were true (which they are not), what drove you to make them? Loving support, no doubt!