Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

So Tired

I had an afternoon nap but I'm still so tired. I feel wiped out most of the time and feel guilty that I can't do the things that I used to do. Some days, I don't do anything, like today. I went for a walk early this morning and that was all I could manage.

Anybody else feel like this?

Frannie

[0b...]

Hi Frannie,

Yes, yes yes!  Fatigue goes with the territory unfortunately.  Some days you'll find that you feel better than others.  There were days where I could barely stand up.  Now I have a decent amount of energy.  You will get better, and things will turn around.

FC

I know the guilt all too well.  This feeling like all the energy has been sucked right out of your body is probably my biggest w/d complaint.  I have had very few windows, but when I did, the energy was tremendous.  That is how I know it will be back once we are healed.  Commiserating with you!

I've been feeling the same way, Frannie. I haven't cleaned my bathroom or my room in about a month. I rarely fold my clothes or put it on a hanger once it's done drying. Don't even get me started on my kitchen, lol. I don't do these tasks, because I simply don't feel like or have the energy to them. There's no shame in it, though, as long as we learn from this experience. I hope you start feeling better. Sending good vibes your way.

Finally stabilizing at .125, fatigue is lifting.  Still tired but able to do things now I couldn't do a short while ago like fold a wash, do a sink full of dishes after cooking a meal, going up or down the stairs in my home.  I can't believe I blamed it on fibromyalgia. I didnt know what was worse, the pain or the fatigue.  Both have improved on this lower dose.  Give yourself some time and do things that give u enjoyment. Take rests in between. 

Absolutely! 

The overwhelming fatigue was (is) one of my worst symptoms.  When I was tapering, I had it every day for months. I didn't cook, I didn't clean - I just laid on the couch all day staring out the window or watching boring television. I had depression with it as well.  The guilt was awful for a while, but even that went away because I was too tired to care.

I still have fatigue at times and some days are worse than others, but it is much better than when I was tapering.

I'm now back to cooking, cleaning, running, etc.  But on days I feel tired, I don't do much of anything because I found if I pushed myself, it made it worse.

Just do what you can and don't push yourself.  It should start to let up as you get lower in dosage. :hug:

Hi

I didn't feel like that before Valium. Sometimes I sleep 2 hours during day and 8 during night and still feel tired and sleepy.

Marry

Hi Frannie, ´fraid so - seems to part of the package. I do the basics at the moment and that´s about all. I´m not in work and fortunate enough that I can ride it out for a little while longer. The worst part is the guilt cos I know there are lot of things I really should be doing. So I try and set little targets - go for a morning walk, do some yoga in the afternoon, do at least one little job a day etc. Lots of little baby steps and at the end of the day I´ll have something show for it. With patience and care everything will come out all right in the end.  :thumbsup:

Take care

Tim

Thank you, each and everyone of you for answering my posts. I'm not happy that you are tired but you've relieved my mind about my own exhaustion. The guilt is awful and it brings on depression. I used to do yoga a lot but was injured in a car accident and can't do anything like that anymore. I think my limitations are walking and a bit of stretching exercises. You people are so wonderful to answer posts, I hope that I will be able to stay and help others as you are. Sending you all healing and positive thoughts.

Frannie

Tired & wired! Afraid my mom will call the producers of Hoarders to my house :-[ ~sigh~ I 'used' to be so organized---and was a super multi-tasker. After the benzo meltdown...disorganized & super messy house & yard :(

Too funny...

I just came on BB to see if I should post anything about feeling sooooo exhausted all the time...tired and drunk feeling...and then I see your post "So Tired" at the top of the list...

guess that answers my question!

Love you all!

Glad that you got your answer Maranatha, I hope that it leaves you soon. I felt better this morning and walked for half an hour on the walking track. I know it will return with my next cut but will come back to this thread to remind myself.

Frannie

Hi Maranatha, How are things? I read your blog and am SO emphathetic and you are in my prayers! You are so positive, and committed, and funny! We want you to heal and feel better! With love, T2

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this post again. I'm so tired and have very few windows of energy but when I do, it's wonderful. I'm not only tired but I crave food like now. I can't stop thinking about fish and chips and know where that will lead me. Fat! Benzos I hate this you!

Frannie

I just thought today to post about food. I am eating and thinking about food like a crazy. Especialy need something which is not very good for anxiety like sugar or white bread. And my PMS last so long. So basicly I am eating all the time. Usually people in w/d have poor appetite. I will be so fat  :(

Marry, I'm at home also as I'm retired. I did get to the walking track yesterday for at least half an hour which seems to be the only exercise I can manage. I do pay all the bills and go for groceries. I guess we can be glad that we can eat as a lot of people in withdrawal can't. I try to keep it down but if I give in to it I'm not going to worry anymore. When we're better we can go on a diet together Marry.  ;) Take Care!

Frannie

10 1/2 months off and no matter if i sleep 9 hours or 2 hours the fatigue is the same..in fact most days after a good night's sleep the fatigue is even worse...I was away all weekend canoeing and visiting a zoo all day...I slept 9 hours last night and it's 5:30 pm and I am still in my PJ's! I am so tired I haven't even unpacked from the weekend! I'm indulging myself today but tomorrow I'm going to push myself to get up and out!

Sunny if you were away all weekend canoeing and visiting a zoo, you earned the right to stay in your PJs.  :)

Frannie

Sunny if you were away all weekend canoeing and visiting a zoo, you earned the right to stay in your PJs.  :)

Frannie

:thumbsup: