Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

benzos with food

what is your experience? does it make any difference if you take them soon after eating? does food have any effect on the amount of benzo that is ultimately absorbed into your system? i am trying to rework my schedule. i have always taken them before i eat lunch, which gives me a long wait until my next afternoon dosage. im wondering if i could stretch out my morning dosage and not take what is normally the noon dosage for me until about 2-2:30 i may fare better off during the late afternoon. but it would mean taking some about 1-1/2 hours after i eat, which i have always tried to avoid. does it matter?

thanks T2, i know that is what "they" say, but i thought it would be better to ask people who have actually taken it if they noticed a difference. 

The absorption rate, and perhaps the amount absorbed, will be affected a little if you take food. This is not important by itself. What might be important for some people is consistency. If you usually consume food with a particular dose during the day, it might be better to always consume food with this dose.