Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hope I'm doing this right

[he...]

Just putting two and two together. Growing up anxiety started to come out as lifes curve balls started.Two many rotten things to mention for a sheltered kid with anxiety ridden parent to learn from. Everyone in my family on Mother's side is on anxiety meds for something. Got my first benzo from Mom. She was trying to help and she knew a would make fun vacation rotten as was scared of everything involving boats. I knew latter I would an ativan would help with car phobia and long highway trip. First doc sent me away and told me to drink cam. tea.I finally got some.Tried lots of different benzos over next 1-2 years.Thank stars above that I found post about ativan/ or whatever were great for short term vs. long term. Know I know I have an issue with benzos.There is always a good day or reason to take one and never a good day not to.So now on clonazepam .25 mg am and pm . Very hard to keep tight control on that as going thru yet another medical problem.So need to start another anxiety med on Wed. 7/27. SSRI have been hard in the past I got all side effects and little help. Two doc keep wanting me to take Zoloft and start slower. Scared to death of zoloft made me sick last time and I don't have 2 weeks to try to get used to it.I want to start wean clonazepam in maybe next 3-6 months I have to get thru over medical issue first. NEED HELP to start right med on wednesday so weaning clonazepam won't be worse.   

Hi heydoc, Welcome :)

I'm sorry you've such bad anxiety issues, that's the reason I was put on benzos too. So you take 2 doses a day to equal .5 mg Clonazepam? It's pretty normal for a doctor to prescribe an anti depressent to help wean off benzos.

I'm glad you found us, let us know how we can help you.

Star 

Thanks Star thats right .5mg clonazepam total daily. need ideas for best anti anxiety drug to start when SSRI has been hard to take before.Tried lexapro and zoloft.Docsl keep pushing zoloft I seem to get all side effects and little relief. I will need to take some time off work next couple of weeks and want to use time well.Need ideas for best drug to start that won't make weaning clonazepam hard in a couple of months.

Everyone reacts different and metabolizes benzos different too. Clonazepam is one of the slower acting benzos you can be on. What did your weaning schedule look like  before? I'd hate to see you start another drug and have to wean off that too.

Thanks the last thing I want is to add another drug when I now know benzos made anxiety worse not better.I believe zoloft is rotten to get off of and I can't seem to handle drug dosages that most people can. A little goes a long way. If I don't start something to address long term anxiety problem that has gotten worse with time how will I keep it under control? I'm in therapy and need some more relaxation techniques.I' open to any and all ideas. Plan to use this forum for help and support.

Thanks the last thing I want is to add another drug when I now know benzos made anxiety worse not better.I believe zoloft is rotten to get off of and I can't seem to handle drug dosages that most people can. A little goes a long way. If I don't start something to address long term anxiety problem that has gotten worse with time how will I keep it under control? I'm in therapy and need some more relaxation techniques.I' open to any and all ideas. Plan to use this forum for help and support.

Hi heydoc, welcome to BenzoBuddies. I've found a lot of support and relaxation techniques here at BB. :)

My former doctor offered anti-depressant to me a few times (and I wasn't depressed at the time). I would only take them for 4-5 days and they would make me dizzy and nauseous, so I would stop taking them. Honestly, I'm glad I only have to taper Xanax.

I have had anxiety off and on in my life, but always seemed to be able to cope with it okay without drugs. I was originally prescribed Xanax for a medical problem and I think the benzos made anxiety worse for me as well.

I find that meditation and walking help with my anxiety. I was seeing a PhD student at a local university for therapy until the semester ended--and it really helped for me to talk some things through.

I hope your therapist and medical doctors are working in conjunction since you are having a medical condition too. Take care, and welcome. :)

Thinking of just staying with clonazepam b/c I know I can get it from my Doc Have .5mg pills. I now take .5 and break in half take (.25) am and pm.I think I need pm dose the most.Dinner time is nuts most nights.5 months ago even had middle of day dose but that just fell away as I got back to work.Now off work again with to much time to think about this.It's been hard to keep with current .5 daily as Doc says I can take more but I'm holding my ground. So how do I start cutting  am .25 dose? Lucky it still works for me but I'm losing weight(not good) Thanks for help!!!

Welcome to BenzoBuddies  :) If I'm understand correctly, you break a .5mg pill in half and take that for your morning and evening doses? Are you experiencing any interdose withdrawal? Are you stable on that dose? Clonazepam's half life is fairly long, so you shouldn't have a problem tapering from it. If you'd like, you can post in the General Tapers forum about your dosing and how you're looking to taper. We have many people on the forums who can help you out with that. Congratulations on deciding you want to be benzo free!

heydoc,

I merged your tnew thread with your original introductory thread, because we allow one thread per member on this board. ;)