Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

schedule for xanax withdrawal

anyone have any ideas on the ideal way to distribute 1.25 mg of xanax? im not sure the way i have been doing it is working any longer. keeping in mind my normal (or abnormal) schedule of .25mg at 10:30 AM, .25 at 12:30 PM, .125 at 5:30 PM, .5mg at 7:30 PM, .125 at 11:30 PM. my worst time is later afternoon, say 4-7. morning and evening after .5mg dose are generally ok. im totally open to suggestions.

i was thinking of .31 at 10:30 and 12:30, then the rest the same, except for eliminating the bedtime dose. just afraid this will hurt my sleep. but then again, i guess .125 isn't that much to help me with my sleep anyway.

thanks all!  :crazy:

I would say try to take it as evenly as possible over the day, maybe with a larger dose last thing at night help you through the eight hours. Obviously, you doses will vary, so leave a longer gap after a larger dose. If you are not already using 0.25mg tablets, I recommend that you obtain them - they will help you spread your dose more evenly.

Hi all,

still feeling rough on this cut. not horrible, like going out of my mind or anything, but not good either. it has been a week. the cut was .0625, now at 1.25 mg. felt great the entire time on 1.31 mg, so i don't honestly feel like i got ahead of myself. before this cut i felt really pretty good for over a week. what should i do? hold it longer or just go ahead with another cut? seems like my brain would have adjusted on this level by now. thanks!

Hi Mike,

My cut before the last cut, I waited 10 days. We are both cutting at .0625, I just think your original cutting of every 5 days is too aggressive IMO. Some cuts are better than others, I don't know why this is, just the mystery of these crazy meds!

T2

Hi Mike,

My cut before the last cut, I waited 10 days. We are both cutting at .0625, I just think your original cutting of every 5 days is too aggressive IMO. Some cuts are better than others, I don't know why this is, just the mystery of these crazy meds!

T2

thanks! i am open to cutting at a slower rate, but as for now, what should i do to help me through this one? just keep holding? what if i get to 10 days and feel the same-just go ahead and cut again?