Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What benzo books do you like?

[Ni...]

I have read the Ashton Manual, but I haven't read any books about benzos...I want to buy a book or two to read more about them.

[fe...]

I was able to get "Addiction by Prescription" at my local library.  Check with your library, you can probably get any title you want via inter library loan.

"Addiction by Prescription" really hit home for me.  The symptoms that the author describes are familiar to me. 

I couldn't believe my local library- which, in my experience, has almost everything I've ever looked for- didn't have Benzo-Wise! I ordered it from amazon but haven't had a chance to read it yet. When I'm done with this ordeal, I'm going to donate it to the library so they will FINALLY have a copy for others to use!

Libby

Thank you for that thread Star104, I've been looking for some books with positive messages! Some of those sound really interesting.

Last night I did go to my local Barnes and Noble and ordered the book Benzo Wise by Bliss Johns, it will be delivered to my home in 5 days!

Fieldychan, that's a good idea to ask my local library, if they don't have any of the benzo books I'm looking for if they will order it through their inter library loan system.

Thanks BB's. :)

I have read the Ashton Manual, but I haven't read any books about benzos...I want to buy a book or two to read more about them.

Nic miss you so much could not find your blog?    How are you doing?  The book I would suggest would be the benzo wise book on amazon.... Alot of good information to read... Nic please let me know how you are... I am concerned for you and hope you are okay... Thinking of you alway's and your health....

Luv,

Mishi

None at all. The more I read about benzo's, the more I dwell on my problem with them. Out of sight, out of mind. I just take my pill when it's time and forget about it and do other things. I try and look at it that I am just tapering off a few pills to keep a positive thought going on and I stay in prayer. The Bible is my only book I will read. If I end up getting a hold of something with nasty benzo information, I simply watch a movie, like that one called "Breakin" from the 80's. By the time I am done watching it I feel like dancing. This is when I want to suddenly hurry off the benzo's and get in shape again.

None at all. The more I read about benzo's, the more I dwell on my problem with them. Out of sight, out of mind. I just take my pill when it's time and forget about it and do other things. I try and look at it that I am just tapering off a few pills to keep a positive thought going on and I stay in prayer. The Bible is my only book I will read. If I end up getting a hold of something with nasty benzo information, I simply watch a movie, like that one called "Breakin" from the 80's. By the time I am done watching it I feel like dancing. This is when I want to suddenly hurry off the benzo's and get in shape again.

I guess everyone is different in that respect. For most of the time I've been on benzos, I had know idea that they were dangerous and that you weren't supposed to be on them longer that 2-4 weeks, so I try to find out everything I can, plus I have a relative who is on a Z drug, so I want to know what I can do to help them get off of them.

I know what you mean about dancing though, I used to be full of energy and I can't wait to be done with these nasty benzos so I can go back to living a full life. Amen to that.

@[Ni...]

I just noticed that the more I read about it, the more I sit and dwell on it. Your right, everyone is different. When I was a teenager I could not read about a disease such as chicken pox without feeling dizzy and faint, LOL, I know, sounds crazy!

You are right about getting back in shape after getting off this garbage. I want to exercise now but these benzo's make me tired so easy. I might try easy aerobics and see how I do besides just walking.

I got the Benzo-Wise book, Miss Kim and the thing I like about it is Bliss Johns really has a positive attitude, she's inspirational. :)

[64...]

Does anyone own Bliss's book?

I'm thinking about buying it.

In times of need, she has a video on youtube, very smoothing.

She was given a Benzo for a facial tic.

If anyone has her story.. I would like to read it.

Thanks.

Or, does anyone know what Benzo she was on?

Yes Sig, Bliss's doctor gave her clonazapam, then another doctor gave her diazepam to take with it, but clonazapam was her main benzo..

[64...]

Yes Sig, Bliss's doctor gave her clonazapam, then another doctor gave her diazepam to take with it, but clonazapam was her main benzo..

She's my inspiration lately.

Do you have her book?

Yes, I just got it the other day and just started reading it, she talks about everything from A-Z, how to manage symptoms, coping tools, how to talk to doctors, even taper schedules! I wish I could loan it to you when I was done. lol.

[64...]

Yes, I just got it the other day and just started reading it, she talks about everything from A-Z, how to manage symptoms, coping tools, how to talk to doctors, even taper schedules! I wish I could loan it to you when I was done. lol.

I will order it from Amazon.

What exactly is the name of the book?

Sigma, the name of the book is:

Benzo-Wise

A Recovery Companion

Everything you need to know to cope successfully with benzodiazepine withdrawal

[64...]

Sigma, the name of the book is:

Benzo-Wise

A Recovery Companion

Everything you need to know to cope successfully with benzodiazepine withdrawal

Thank you, I am going to order this tomm.

I can't wait to get it.

:) I think you'll like it.

How much klonopin was she on?

I know it is a give away, but does she say?

Sigma, I don't see in the book where Bliss Johns says how much she was on, just that she kept hitting tolerance, so the dose kept increasing and she was on Klonopin for 7 years, before she found the Ashton Manual...

[64...]

Sigma, I don't see in the book where Bliss Johns says how much she was on, just that she kept hitting tolerance, so the dose kept increasing and she was on Klonopin for 7 years, before she found the Ashton Manual...

Didn't she c/t?

Didn't she c/t?

Sigma, Bliss John's did cold turkey when she didn't know better. She had convulsions three days later so she reinstated and they stopped and then she did a proper taper.

[64...]

Didn't she c/t?

Sigma, Bliss John's did cold turkey when she didn't know better. She had convulsions three days later so she reinstated and they stopped and then she did a proper taper.

I will read the book ;)

I have a habit of asking questions before reading the books.