Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Instanced anxiety/fear and terror 6 months off

From what I have learned these Benzo W/D systems can last anywhere from 6-18 months on average give or take right, how many of you started feeling  stronger/Instanced anxiety/fear/terror and increased evil thoughts at 6 months off and beyond? What do find that helps or makes it worse? For instance I seem to feel worse both mentally and physically {body pain/high anxiety} if I eat sugar for some reason I don’t know why!

Thanks guys

Watchman

Hi watchman,

At 6 months I started to feel a little better - gradually the morning fear lifted and I started looking forward to the new day... and now at 10+ months off I feel many other symptoms both physical and mental have improved, not yet completely gone... whenever I ate sugar things got worse, like you. I think maybe insulin production is reduced by the benzos and w.d. I also think that bile production is reduced too and I had digestion problems - now they are gone.

You will feel better every day, and the fears will subside..

:)    Ilana.

Hi watchman,

At 6 months I started to feel a little better - gradually the morning fear lifted and I started looking forward to the new day... and now at 10+ months off I feel many other symptoms both physical and mental have improved, not yet completely gone... whenever I ate sugar things got worse, like you. I think maybe insulin production is reduced by the benzos and w.d. I also think that bile production is reduced too and I had digestion problems - now they are gone.

You will feel better every day, and the fears will subside..

:)    Ilana.

Thanks so much for sharing, I knew that the sugar was making things worse!!! I am glad to hear your doing much better.

Be blessed

Watchman

Hi, Watchman, The best to you and yours. :)

Sugar seems to have an unwanted affect on me also.

pj

Hey PJ same to you!!! Stay away from them sweets my brother......... :thumbsup:

Sugar is not good for me either Watchman.  Its sure is hard to leave it alone.  I crave something sweet alot.  I love to bake.  I had a chocolate malt last week.  Did I shake.  Get it, Shake!  Take care.  Linder

When I eat sugar my symptoms rev up so I try to keep it to a minimum.  I've had new symptoms pop up at 10 months but I also have had some old ones do away it's just the nature of the beast.  Hang in there  :thumbsup:

Hugs

Kristin