Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Valium Crossover

[Sh...]

Began crossover from 3mg klonopin to 2.5 mg klonopin/10mg Valium last night. I feel totally despondant today. Is this normal or is it an adverse reaction to the Valium?

I'm told it takes awhile for the Valium to build up in your system, so you could be feeling the drop of the Klonopin.  For some the crossover can be unpleasant because you're adding another drug with different side effects, two of which are sedation and depression.  Just try to stay focused on the end goal of eventually tapering from the Valium.

I agree with Pamster.

I have seen other members in the past have a struggle during the first few weeks of a crossover to Valium, so hang in there, okay?  Hopefully you will start to feel more stable soon.

Began crossover from 3mg klonopin to 2.5 mg klonopin/10mg Valium last night. I feel totally despondant today. Is this normal or is it an adverse reaction to the Valium?

Shiloh i hope you are feeling better soon.. I know you made a difficult decision in your life.. I commend you.. Let me know how you are feeling.. All of the best to you in your c/o.. You will so great.

Stay well.

Luv,

Mishi