Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How many times a day to take Valium?

Hey, I was just wondering if I am taking 17.5mg a day currently, down from 20mg, how often should I take the doses a day?  I started with taking 2 doses, both at night, then 1 dose a few hours after I wake up and another a few hours later.  Should I split it into more than 2 doses?  Just wondering what would be the best route for withdrawals.

Hi GlynG,

I started out taking my Valium, once in the morning and then one at nite.  I normally took my morning med at 7am and my nite dose at 8pm.  Would go to bed between 10 - 11pm.  It worked for me.  I dont think you have to take Valium more then twice a day.  The half life is long and more then two doses is not needed.  The problem I had was, since I am nearing the "finish line", I had to rid myself of the morning dose a couple weeks ago and my s/x's reved up pretty bad.  BUT, I do see myself getting use to it slowly. 

Just remember that once you get down to a lower dose, you will have to get rid of one of the two doses.  But it is part of the process to get thru the taper and finish. 

This is just my personal experience and everyone is different so please take it as that.

I wish you the best and Congrats on wanting to get off this poison.

Renee