Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Alternate Way To Taper

[Si...]

I "dry" cut Klonopin down to zero 15 years before the water titration method was begun. I did what a compounding pharmacy would do. You take a given dose, say a .5 mg of Klonopin and grind it up. Then take a given measure of powdered milk - I used 1/8 teaspoons - if you take ten 1/8 teaspoons and mix them with the ground dry given dose of benzo each 1/8 teaspoon of powder you take is 1/10th dose or in this case .05.

In the end I bought a gelatin capsule filling tray and made my own caps. Here is a sample:   wildernessfamilynaturals.com/capsule_machines.htm

You can easily take the dose down to .005 or .0005 (or any dose you desire). Compounding pharmacies tend to use this dry method since benzos are not water soluble, is more accurate and none of the minute dose is lost stuck to the containers.

Rik

Thanks sit, that actually sounds like a really good idea and a do-able method!  ;)

I modified your link though, as we prefer not to have active links from the forum. People can just use their copy and paste feature and add http://www.

Hi Sit2know,

We delete posts that we consider spammy. You have a habit of posting links to commercial websites - you risk us fully invoking the following rule:

Links to websites and posts that are considered promotional in nature will be deleted without notice. All decisions in this regard are to the discretion of the BenzoBuddies Team. These decisions are considered final and are not open for discussion.

This time we have purely deactivated the active link, but you risk links being removed entirely, or even the whole post. If looks and smells like spam, it is almost always invariably spam. Perhaps I'm being unfair, but if your activity here usually results in you posting links to commercial websites, what are we to think? All these issues and products can be discussed, and sometimes a link to a site becomes appropriate, there was no discussion here, just your post urging people to visit the site and purchase products. This is a recurring pattern.

Bringing this thread to a more discussional tone, I think compounding benzos at home is perfectly reasonable. It is something we have discussed here in the past (mostly off the open forum), but if titration is OK, so is making op capsules. People will require accurate scales to fully benefit from the method, and unlike titration, people are freed from the kitchen, able to take their capsules with them.