Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ativan taper, not woking

[Be...]

Hey all,

Pam I do thank you so much for telling me to try the water taper, but I was sick on the dry cutting and tried the water and sick still. I do believe i went into tolerance on the tapering as i never took this stuff right from the beginning.  I didnt think I would have such a hard time with this, but maybe I will make it, with the help from God and everybody on here.  So, you didnt miss me posting on here, I just did post right now. Thank you so much for everything, just having a really bad time today. Always looking for support.

God Bless

Kim

Hi, Belle.

I'm sorry you feel that titration is no easier on you.  :(  I decided to press through with dry cutting the Ativan/lorazepam and wondered afterward if I would have done better switching to titration.  I guess you just never know.  I was also in tolerance withdrawal when I started tapering and I do think it makes tapering that much more of a challenge.  You'll make it, though; I can tell you are determined to prevail over this nasty drug.  ;)

I switched to titration during my Klonopin taper and didn't really get any let-up from the my horrid withdrawals.  Like you, I was in tolerance long before I began my taper, so it was pretty rough, no matter what I did to try and help myself.  But now that I am 12 months benzo free, I am feeling so much better, and you will too one day soon.

Hi Belle,

Really sorry things are so rough, may the Lord continue to be your first refuge.

Although Beeper is the ativan expert here I have had to add a few twists to my ativan/lorazepam taper due to interdose w/d.  I have gone to 4 times a day to reduce the interdose w/d symptoms due to its very short half-life.  just cut that .25 tab in half again.  at this point it doesnt really matter how accurate as long as you take one half after the other.  

Re titrating I had no luck with water titrating either,I am now looking into methylcellulose fiber (citrucell etc) used for regularity.  Have seen it mentioned.  Apparently does good job of suspending ativan just throw a little in mixing cup with the ativan. (read instructions on bottle)

Although if you are truely in tolerance you may be in Bevoir's situation.  Hang in there!

I see you're getting some good feedback Kim, and David, I've never heard of using a fiber supplement, but I can see how it would suspend nicely.  ;)

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Sometimes we get to a dosage that doesn't sit well with our bodies and we don't stabilize until dropping to a lower dose. I'm not suggesting you make a cut just now. Rather, I'm just giving you some insight as to why your symptoms might not be letting up. Do you find titration easier than dry cutting? I'd personally can't wait for the day when I don't have to cut pills anymore, lol. Try to keep your chin up, Belle. You will make it through this. I know you're a fighter or else you wouldn't have decided to get off benzos.

Hi Belle,

You and I are on the same dosage. .25 twice a day. It's really been a difficult road as you and I both know - certainly the hardest thing I've ever gone through. If I hadn't found this site, I think I would have lost my mind - the education of what is happening has helped me tremendously. I read as much as I can about it and it keeps me from being afraid. I was in so much turmoil physically, emotionally and mentally.  But I wanted to encourage you, after all these months, I'm finally getting a window!! It really happens - what I have read over and over! It happens! It will happen for you, Belle.  Standing with you dear one - He will keep our feet from slipping even when we feel like we aren't going to make it. Praying for you today.

amb