Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Vacation dilemma

[Co...]

On my current taper schedule I'll be making my jump off of K right before leaving for a week vacation.

On the one hand, this might be perfect, I can go on break, deal with the worst of w/d symptoms while on break, and go back to work ready to deal with life anew.

On the other, this is our first real vacation in a long time, and I'd hate to ruin in for my wife and myself if things are going to be bad.  Also, I tend to not sleep all that well when traveling anyway and that coupled with w/d could be tough. 

If I accelerate the tape a bit I could maybe make the jump a week earlier and see how things go.  Or I could delay, deal with the pills on vacation and make the jump a week later.  Thoughts?

I tried to put myself in your place, Comet, and figure out what I'd do.  I think I'd be too nervous to quit before the vacation so I'd hold until I got home.  You probably won't feel any different the day and week after you jump, but just the anticipation of getting hit with w/d symptoms can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  That's my 2 cents - and worth exactly what you paid for it!  :)

Like you, I can't sleep when I'm not in my own bed and taking at nite helps put me at ease and to fall asleep, so i would wait till I got home.

Add me to those that think you should wait until your vacation is over. What's a week in the grand scheme of things? A week longer might even make the jump easier and you owe it to yourself and better-half to have the best time possible - that's what vacations are all about.

I agree with everyone else here---definitely wait till you get home. Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it after working this hard to get off of benzos.

Besides, if you have more symptoms when you cross over, it would probably feel more comforting to be in familiar surroundings, even if you are at work.

Have fun. 8)