Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My Nightmare with Klonopin continues

well this is an update of my klonopin experience. I was completely of klonopin for about 5 months. my panic attacks progressed into full blown agoraphobia. it was so bad that  couldn't even get to a docot for help! So 4 days ago i went back on Klonopin. i felt great. well i felt normal which was great for me. even though i am an addict the doctors thought it necessary. I originally went on the Klonopin for a serious panic disorder. I confused the situation because i also am an alcoholic. it was not an easy decision but the klonopin is helping me ge back into reality. The problem. I bought a bag of cocaine today and fucked everything up. i feel terrible about what i have done. here i convinced everyone that i was going to stay sober on the klonopon, and it took no more than 3 days for me to buy cocaine which is poison for panic attacks. I need advise. i need the klonpin just to get outside but the alcoholic in me gets in the way. maybe i need more meetings, maybe i need to be in a sober living that will allow me to take Klonopin. Very difficult situation. Please help.

Hey Matthew! First of all, a big (((((((hug))))))))). Okay, so you screwed up. It happens. What you gotta do now is  pick yourself up, make a committment to yourself to get to your meetings (NA, AA, whatever has worked for you) and do it. Talk to your sponsor. If you don't have one, get one-- and make sure he's someone who will tough love you through this. Tell them you're agoraphobic so you'll need someone to get you to the meetings-- and do the work. You need someone  or a group of someones that you can be accountable to.

A sober living environment might be good.

Flush the cocaine if you have any left. Stay off the alcohol. And don't make yourself scarce here.

rufus