Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feel so much worse in the morning

Im wondering if anybody feels worse in the morning? The only wd symptoms that are bothering me is the feeling that I cant take a deep breath, burning skin mainly my back and ears, slight headache, diarrhea,and this freakin tinnitus. Man I cant wait to feel like my old self. If I was on 2mg of ativan for about 6weeks and 1mg xanax for 5 weeks prior. How long should it take me to get off completely!

I think it is pretty much a consensus that most people feel worse in the morning.  It has been the case with me.  I always feel right around 100% before I go to bed at night and the morning adrenaline/anxiety gets me up in the morning.  I'm a little over 3 1/2 months off and it is steadily improving.  First 10 weeks off was real bad but I am making progress.  As for the length of time you should feel it, its just up to the individual.  I have read about people who were on benzos for a short period of time who had a lengthy withdrawal and those who have been on a long time who had a short one.  The main thing is not to get tied up in how long it is going to last.  Everyday benzo free is one step closer to your complete health.

Natron

yeah, I'm the same.  I seem to be experiencing toxic sleep since I jumped, but it's gotten so much better.  I  used to take an entire day so I only felt relief just prior to bed time, but these days it wears off within an hour or so of waking up.  Progress!

Natron. I'm almost off the same time as you. I still wake up with anxiety, sometimes depression  but also fear - fear of what the day will bring.  It's hard to drag myself out of bed to face the day. This feeling generally wears off late morning/early afternoon then am 100% before I go to bed though quite fatigued.  Can you or anyone relate?

So sorry to hijack this thread!

I can completely relate.  Most nights I feel like I'm not even sick at all.  I'm sure that one day it will spread to the entire day.  My main symptoms right now are head pressure related and anxiety, but it goes from very mild to severe depending on if I am in a bad wave or not.

I just posted a similar question, as my mornings are awful these days, with anxiety and depression.  It is tough to get out of bed, not to mention taking a shower and heading off to work.  My evenings are usually pretty good, although I never feel like the old me.

I agree with you Rico, but I don't know if I want to feel like the old me.  The old me was a quick fix guy and that is what got me on benzos to begin with.  The knew me is one who understands his body better and will do what it takes to make things right.  This process will definitely open your eyes to your health.