Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need to change timing of lorazepam doses

[Be...]

I was feeling really good about getting a script from my doc for the .5mg tablets so I could make smaller cuts.  However, the pills are half the size of the 1 mg so they do me no good.  >:(

It would help if I could combine some of my doses so I could stick with .25mg pieces for a while longer but I'm confused about the half-life calculations.  Sort of out of habit from when I was taking a much larger daily dose, I've been taking lorazepam 5x/day, from 5 am. to 12 midnight.  Currently taking 4 doses of .125mg ,5 am - 8pm, +1 -.25mg at bedtime.  What kind of schedule would you recommend?  I'll be cutting another .125mg dose on 5/3.

Hope this isn't too confusing.  I'm feeling pretty spacy today.  :crazy:

Hi Kathie,

You can't quarter the .5mg pills?

What you can try is to crush a half a (.5mg) pill, and split it into two piles, and eat one. (.125mg) You just dampen a finger, and swipe up the pile.

The .5 pills are teeny tiny, eljay. It's the inexactness of splitting the pills into quarters that has me worried about not being on a steady dose.  I would think I would have the same problem with the crush method. 

When I get to .5 mg /day on Saturday, would it be okay if I took it in two doses of .25 mg each, taken 12 hours apart?  There's no problem cutting the pills in half.  Of course, that plan will only be good for 2 weeks but that's as far out as I can currently plan.  :idiot: