Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Muscle twitches are driving me crazy! Help!

Has anyone had muscle twitches at 5 months out? I still have them alot and I feel like they are a nasty reminder. Any ideas as to how to make them calm down? Heat seems to make it worse. No warm baths for me :(

Hi draklore. I thought about that but was afraid it might make my other sx worse. I am very sensitive to certain foods and vit. since this wd. I do eat alot of bananas. I think there is Mag in that. Thanks for your response.Welcome to any ideas or experiances ;)

Has anyone had muscle twitches at 5 months out? I still have them alot and I feel like they are a nasty reminder. Any ideas as to how to make them calm down? Heat seems to make it worse. No warm baths for me :(

i'm 5 months out too and having them.... i hate it....i've been taking magnesium can't say if it helps or not... where are you getting them and how often???

Hi 1! Thank you for your response. I thought I was the only one. well I have been having them pretty constant except for a couple of windows the whole time.. 5months. I had them all over at first then the 3month started them very often in my feet (bottom and toes), and shoulders blades. Feet and shoulders hurt bad before,after or during.  Toes move a little every now and then. My eyes twitch too ever so often..but not as bad. I think the worst right now is my shoulders and feet. It happens night or day. I can tell it is worse when I am stressed or eat something I shouldnt. I am very sensitive to foods are you. I never had this before benzos. Did you have them before? What other sx are you going through. I can say it is getting better. I think I have just hit that 5 or 6month set back everyone talks about. Our CNS needs time to heal. We are a step closer every day! :yippee:

I've got them like crazy right now. They are worse in the morning and at night. I know how frustrating they are....hope you feel better  :)

Hi 1! Thank you for your response. I thought I was the only one. well I have been having them pretty constant except for a couple of windows the whole time.. 5months. I had them all over at first then the 3month started them very often in my feet (bottom and toes), and shoulders blades. Feet and shoulders hurt bad before,after or during.  Toes move a little every now and then. My eyes twitch too ever so often..but not as bad. I think the worst right now is my shoulders and feet. It happens night or day. I can tell it is worse when I am stressed or eat something I shouldnt. I am very sensitive to foods are you. I never had this before benzos. Did you have them before? What other sx are you going through. I can say it is getting better. I think I have just hit that 5 or 6month set back everyone talks about. Our CNS needs time to heal. We are a step closer every day! :yippee:

i really get them all over had them in  my eyelids for awhile but that seemed to stop for now ; i get random ones in my bi ceps, arms. buttocks legs and calfs, they are worst when i first get up in the morning too  mostly in my calfs and feet...they are usuallly random some days worse than others.. i've had a couple that have twitched with regularity for a few days..one on my inner arm by my elbow, and another on the inside of my thigh by my knee.. i also have a lot of muscle soreness in my legs, and i wonder if that makes it worse...

A massage helps tremendously (for me). These come in waves for me, but my lats have been twitching th past 3-4 days.

Sooooo I delegated my ex g/f to giving me massages lol. I'm lucky, and I know some people probably don't have someone to do this. Our local college has massage therapist students who give dirt cheap massages at around $15. Something to think about. I know it's more of an internal event, but for me massages really help to get me in a more parasympathetic state. Best of luck dealing with these pesky sxs >:(