Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Will The Burning/Electric Shocks Ever Go Away?

[Ro...]

I'm up all night again with the painful shocks in my legs.  I could easily fall asleep, but I can't because of the RLS/burning/electric shocks in my legs.  Every time I start to doze off, the shocks keep me awake.

How long will this continue?  Does it ever go away?  It did go away for a few days at a time, after about 1 month off, now it is 2 months off and it is BACK.

I know I w/d way too fast, tapered only 2 months.  Maybe I'll have this protracted symptoms for ever because of that, oh God.  I'd rather be back on the benzo than live with this.

R

Hi

I dont have a definitive answer either, however if it went away once theres no reason it wont go away again, also I dont know of any reports where PWS lasted forever.

Bob

I'm up all night again with the painful shocks in my legs.  I could easily fall asleep, but I can't because of the RLS/burning/electric shocks in my legs.  Every time I start to doze off, the shocks keep me awake.

How long will this continue?  Does it ever go away?  It did go away for a few days at a time, after about 1 month off, now it is 2 months off and it is BACK.

I know I w/d way too fast, tapered only 2 months.  Maybe I'll have this protracted symptoms for ever because of that, oh God.  I'd rather be back on the benzo than live with this.

They will go away.  You've only been off a really fast taper for about 1 1/2 months, so it's still really early for you, but they will go away.  The shocks effected me the same way, I hated to go to bed because of them but they didn't stay around a long time and have been totally gone for months.  Hang in there, it will happen for you, too. :thumbsup:

That's what I needed to hear, TS, that someone had this experience and it went away, this gives me hope that it will someday end for me, knowing this makes it easier for me to endure. 

Love,

Romel