Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone have vision problems.....

Hi friends!!

I have been having a hard time reading small print.  Like in a phone book.  And today my eyes feel real cloudy and irritated.  They feel itchy.  Anyone else have or had this problem??  Kind of concerning me. 

Thx,

Renee

Hi Renee,

Yes, as my doses got lower my eyesight got worse and I had a lot of strange muscle/pulling sensations w/ my eyes as well.  I know eye issues are somewhat common.  Hopefully it won't last for you.  All the best!

Schatje

Hey renee,

The only time my eyes act up is when I haven't gotten the proper amount of sleep. The past few days I didn't sleep that much and my eyes were straining, wiggling and felt just plain bad. Have you had eye problems in the past?

I'm going to the eye doctor on Friday because I can see close up or far away with my glasses but can't see 2-4 ft in front of me.  It's very strange.  I'm hoping I don't have to have trifocals.  I'm too young for that. lol.  I think it's benzo related but not sure.

[aa...]

I'm going to the eye doctor on Friday because I can see close up or far away with my glasses but can't see 2-4 ft in front of me.  It's very strange.  I'm hoping I don't have to have trifocals.  I'm too young for that. lol.  I think it's benzo related but not sure.

I had trifocals at 27 years old!

My eyes got so bad, but finally I'm just in coke bottles now.

My eyes get blurry a lot!!  two times a day.  once early in the morning when I first wake up they stay blurry for 2 -3 hours and are really itchy and scratchy...then they will clear up just fine and it will come back around dinner time , 6pm-7pm or so and again stay for 2 hours or so.  At the times my eyes are blurry I get the rapid twitching eyelids as well.  They go hand in hand for me.  It will go away. :)

[aa...]

So sorry Sigma. I'll probably be joining you in the coke bottle club on Friday. ;)

Oh you wear coke bottles like me ?

I wear a -7.25

My memory is shot at this point, but I did see a doctor and had a eye exam, one of eyes was bad.  He set me up with contacts, I tried them and couldnt get use to them.  That has been a couple years ago.  I probably need to have them checked but will try to wait until I am over this taper and hopefully in the clear.  I would probably fail all tests and have to wear glasses and maybe not really need them. 

Thanks guys!!!  I am sorry we have another issue but I like to be reassured this is common.

Renee

I don't want to scare you, but I've been having vision problems for 15 months so far. Particularly the black swirly looking floaters when I look from side to side and they are SEVERE right now during this wave. Thank God I know this is withdrawal or I would be in a mess! My vision is better than it was in the first few months off though.

My eye dr said he didnt beleve my glasses were mine....that some ones vison doesnt change like that...  Its the benzos...    Its always my RT eye....it has astigmatism....so its weaker....once I was off benzos it went away....  had complete clear vision :o  The eye blurriness was one of my first sx of drug tolerance.....  I have it again now.....Rt eye again ....  :idiot: