Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Black cloud

I can't escape this black cloud. I seem to do okay for a few days with tolerable symptoms but it keeps catching up with me and I just break down. I can't stop crying, it is so painful. When does the mental pain end? When can I stop crying? I have a really bad startle response. I can't relax. Any little sound or touch makes me jump out of my skin. I am really suffering. I am stuck in bed all the time and I can't do anything.

For me the mental pain started to slowly subside when I was about 3-4 months off and by month 5 it had lifted substantially. Everything has been a lot better since then but I still get edgy and irritable.

It sounds like you are going through the worst of it right now. That means that the only way to go is UP. It might take awhile but when you do start to see a noticeable improvement everything will get a lot better.

I noticed a huge shift in my depression and anxiety around my 4th and 5th month off.

Hold on tight because this will lift for you in time.

Stay strong.