Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Morning Nausea

Hi everyone. I read Pamster's post about morning anxiety and there was a lot of great advice. I've been having really bad stomach pain and nausea since I cut back. Anyone experience this? I believe it's acid production gone crazy in my stomach. I've tried the snack next to the bed and take Nexium. :-\

Hey jillian78,

One of the pains that comes with w/d is nausea. I'm so sorry you have to deal with it. It's even worse in the morning when we have that anxiety. I usually get it the day I make a cut and it last about a day or two afterwards. As long as my anxiety is down then the nausea is controlled. Are the snacks and Nexium working? It's hard, but try not to get down about this. It's just a withdrawal symptom that will pass with time.

I had to deal with horrible nausea too, but once I got my reflux under control things got much better.  If it is acid reflux, perhaps the snack next to your bed is making things worse?

I've struggled with lots of nausea as well.  Not fun.  Sea bands have helped, as well as ginger tea.  But it's not nice. :(  I'm having a lot today, but I didn't sleep well last night and that always brings on nausea for me. 

All the best to you,

Schatje

I've been there as well.  Seemed to be much worse in the beginning as I remember.  Doctor got me to try Nexium as well but it never seemed to really help and discontinued after a couple of weeks.  I'm almost 4 months off now and my stomach issues are a lot better now.  I wouldn't say I am at the point where I want to wake up and have a waffle house breakfast, but its better than waking up and dreading to eat.

I have it too. Not every morning but quite often. It can surface later in the day too though. I have vomited on one occasion but mostly it's just nausea.

Anyone try the Sea Bands? I've read on the forums that they really do help with nausea. I might pick one up at the store tomorrow.

Anyone try the Sea Bands? I've read on the forums that they really do help with nausea. I might pick one up at the store tomorrow.

I've struggled with lots of nausea as well.  Not fun.  Sea bands have helped, as well as ginger tea.  But it's not nice. :(  I'm having a lot today, but I didn't sleep well last night and that always brings on nausea for me. 

All the best to you,

Schatje

All the best to you,

Schatje

Whoops  :idiot:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your replys. Glad to know I'm not alone because it seems nausea and :( the other end symptoms are not at the top of the symptom chart. I really think it's anxity because I lost 40 pounds in the last 6months and believe that should have helped acid reflux greatly. My GI Dr. did a million and one tests for it and he said it's only slightly elevated (stomach PH), and he said he believes it's due to anxiety. Geeze I thought when I quit drinking I'd be done with the mornings infront of the toilet. Dramamine helped this morning and was a LAST resort, but it makes me so tired.

I've tried Sea-bands and they didn't really help. The only thing that helped me was motion sickness patches but you can only get them by prescription.

So glad this was brought up. I've been having extreme nausea in the morning. Really bad. Only thing that seems to help me is Zantac. I'm already on Nexium, but that doesn't really seem to help that much since i started tapering off this stuff. Least now I know what is going on. I couldn't figure out why i was so sick every morning. Damn this klonopin crap. I still got a long ways to go too. I'm having to cut very little at a time to even attempt getting off this stuff. I wish i had the money cause i'd just go into facility and just get off it cold turkey. I know that'd be rough, but at least i'd get through it quicker. Looks like rate I'm going this is going to be about a year process.

Gary