Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Nightmares

[fc...]

[fc...]

I can count on one hand the nightmares I have had in my life.  I had one last night.  Actually I went to sleep for four hours and it woke me up.

I am sweating, and all shook up.  I actually got up, turned on a light, and came and posted this.  It is still fresh in my mind, and probably won't leave for a while. And when I put my feet on the floor to get up, I felt like something was going to grab my foot from under the bed. Not literally feel it, but I thought it. That's a strange feeling too. I ran away from my bed.    I have my son on the floor sleeping in my room.  I never do that.  My heart is just a going.  This was very scary to me, being as I don't have them.  I tried this once before in 09, but reinstated and I am remembering that this happened back then too.  And it kept reoccuring in the same dream if that makes any sense.  Like I could not wake up and it kept happening in the same dream. (nightmare) I was struggling to wake up. This was tonight. not in 09. But it seems I remember this happening the last time.

Is this common?  Or was it just a nightmare that everyone has?  I guess I will know if it keeps happening.  Or happens frequently.  I feel like a scared child.  :-[

Do ya'll have  them as w/d symptoms?

thanks

Hi,   .....What a frightening experience, no wonder you were scared.

During withdrawals, I had the same dream (nightmare) a couple of times, it was so strange and scary and unreal.

When I came out of it, I sat up in bed, totally confused and drenched in sweat. It took me awhile to realize where I was.

After things settled down in my mind, I was so relieved that it was not real, and only a dream, I was able to go back to sleep.

I hope sleep is better for you tonight.  :)

oh sure.  I certainly have had tons of bad dreams all along.  I had, in particular, one nightmare a few weeks ago that was so extreme it totally redefine the word "nightmare" for me.  I was horrified for hours after I woke up in the middle of the night.  My dog was kind enough to sleep in bed with me. 

For a while after, maybe a week or two, I was still really upset when I thought back on the dream.  However, as I think back on it now, while I still remember it clearly, there's no emotion tied in with it, at all. 

Also, the bad dreams have always cleared on their own with each taper, for me.  They were the most intense for a few weeks when I finally jumped, and have eased back since then.

Hey mylilcappi,

I'm so sorry you had that terrible nightmare. They can feel so real sometimes, I know. I went through a similar experience not even a day ago. I woke up out of a nightmare with only four hours of sleep and then had to deal with a thunderstorm for the next two. There is a positive to this, though. It's a sign that you're healing. I would say that if you're not prone to nightmares, then it's just a w/d symptom rearing its ugly head. We're always here to listen if you have any more of them. My parents always told me it's better to talk about the nightmares, so that way you won't think about them anymore.

[fc...]

Wow, ya'll had it bad too.  I'm sorry for that. 

ok.  since I am not prone to them, I will consider that a w/d symptom.  A horrible one, as they all are. 

thanks as always. 

[53...]
Hi mylilcappi....yes, I had TERRIBLE nightmares  :( I would titrate down 3ml a night - and I would have them every 3 days or so. I also had them as I would remove supplements that were "calming" my system (another form of w/d). I know they are so scary and really shake you up when they hit. They'll pass soon. Keep hanging in there  ;)

Hi Mililcappi,

Yeah I got them from phenobarbital in the beginning.  There is this a concept in psyc known as rescripting.  When awake think thru several times how you would respond differently when in the dream to deal with it and over come it.  Like when this happens I will tell myself this is not real its the drug so I can ignore it. etc.  Plus rewite your own rules into the dream.  I've been there, leave some lights on and pray to the Lord for his strength.

The Lord is my co-pilot, David B