Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Stress Q

So... We all know that stress exacerbates the withdrawal. I started thinking about my gf break up and I started working myself into a panic and shaking. What I am wondering is does stress actually slow down our healing or is it just making it more uncomfortable? It seems like we wouldn't get any windows if we were stressed all the time but maybe we would. Ashton talks about us being vulnerable to stress for awhile even after we are doing well, so would that actually halt our healing in some way? What happens to people when they cold turkey and are in a constant state of stress? I just wonder how that works. What do you guys think? Not everyone can exit a stressful environment, or eliminate all aspects of stress or stress related issues, will they take longer to get better or just have a harder time?

I had this same question months ago when I was starting to go through an incredible amount on stress, what I found out was basically you still continue to heal it's just not as comfortable, stress and anxiety can ramp up symptoms but I don't think it hinders recovery of receptors. 

I have tremdous amounts of stress in my life, but when I'm stressed out, I dont feel the s/x's any worse.  Atleast not the physcial ones.  Mental is another issue.  I seem to get stressed over things and cant stop thinking about it.  A couple nites ago, I wrote down all the things that were stressing me out and it actually helped me.  I made another list tonite.

Hang in there.

Renee