Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Slip Up?

hi everyone 2 questions. im at 11 weeks now and about every 3- 4 weeks i have a time where i completely freak out(im dying), i was so scared that i took .25mg of xanax ive done this about 3 times. i live by myself which makes it harder for me to cope during these tough times. does this mean im starting from scrath again?

in my first few weeks i was feeling better and was able to drive to stores (wal-mart)pretty easily and even shop a little. but here lately my anxiety is blowing up i cant drive at all, even riding in a car with someone i start to go into a anxiety attack. i feel like things are getting worse not better as ive moved forward. has anyone else gone through this where they could do things at the beginning and later not do them?

Its doubtful your use of the Xanax those 3 times has anything to do with what you're feeling now, most probably it's the normal waxing and waning of symptoms.  Most of us feel like we're going backwards, but we aren't, it's just the way this works.  Try not to get discouraged, you'll feel better again, then worse, then better.  Eventually though, you'll get better and stay that way.

Hey mxfox88,

Whenever I feel panic or terror start to set in, I usually let myself feel it, but try not to let it control me. I sit with the feelings, acknowledge they're there and then tell myself it's only withdrawal, this isn't me and I will feel better in a little bit. I also visit the Anxiety bored whenever I'm feeling too much and need some help figuring out how to calm myself down. The link below is to a thread that gives some ideas on how to cope when you feel anxiety start to set in.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13001.0

Try not to let the feelings control you. Once this is all said and done, you'll be feeling like a million bucks  :)

Thank you so much for the support pamster and shaneb it means so much right now. ive been reading books lately on how to relax when anxiety kicks in. its difficult to switch the brain over to what i should do when your brains going a million miles an hour lol. ill just have to keep workin on it  thanks again for the support 

[0a...]
its difficult to switch the brain over to what i should do when your brains going a million miles an hour lol

I can relate to that.