Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Describe your tinnitus (sound, which side is it on, duration)

Hi guys..I thought it would be interesting to see if their are any similarities in our tinnutus...so , if you want to can you please describe yours

1) is it high pitched, low in pitch or does it sound like anything you could compare it to?

2) which ear is affected

3) how long have you had it, and is it constant, or does it come and go?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) very high pitched, sounds sort of like feedback over a speaker

2) Only my left ear

3) a little over a year now, and it comes and goes. I have had up to 2 weeks with it gone.

Hey Mark,

The tinnitus tends to have a low, muffled pitch in my right ear and a high, piercing pitch in my left ear. I don't get it that often, which I am grateful for.

Very high pitched

almost a year, never had it before

cycles Loud, medium, mild without fail

Take care Mark, wish the toothbrush worked

LEFT EAR

very high pitched in right ear. Started 8 mos ago. A few days it will quiet down then blast high again. Does anyone else feel when it is very bad does your other symptoms increase too? take care angel

[ac...]

Great thread Mark.

Mine is in both ears, and it's high pitched.  Almost like a whiny fan on an old computer or something.  It's intermittent, but seems to pop up every day or so.  Taking advil or tylenol makes it way worse.

1) is it high pitched, low in pitch or does it sound like anything you could compare it to?

2) which ear is affected

3) how long have you had it, and is it constant, or does it come and go?

1)  High pitched constant t-i-i-i-i-i-ng sound with a simultaneous 'sea shell' sound in the background

2)  Right ear

3)  Started at the beginning of my 5th month...so about 3 weeks, comes and goes, is on more than it is off

Mine is in stereo, and sounds like a high pitched whistle. I've had it since I went into tolerance with Xanax. Loud noises make it worse, then I feel dizzy.

Angel, I hadn't thought about it being worse when my symptoms are worse, I'm going to pay attention to that.

I had my hearing tested 2 years ago because I was concerned about it. The Audiologist said my hearing was near perfect, so that much is a relief.

My tinnitus started 30 years ago when I had the flu.  When to Dr., nothing they could do.  It was mild and I got used to it.  Now it can become extremely loud.  Other symptoms are worse then also.  Sounds like electricity, high pitched in both ears.  Funny thing, when it lessens you don't notice it right away.

those of you who's tinnitus goes away and comes back over and over...

have you ever noticed on a "quiet" day ,if you take a nap , when you wake up it is SCREAMING...

I avoid naps on my cherished quiet days. No matter how tired I am from the lack of sleep the night before because If my tinnitus is gone for the day and I take a nap my tinnitus is freakin SCREAMING when I wake up..louder than normal.

anyone else notice this?

You already know that this happens to me Mark.  On my good day if I even lay down it start.      :crazy:

yup, I recall you and I talking about that before :)  I was wondering how many of us this happens to.  I really wonder what it is about relaxing/sleep  that brings it on. Mine only comes back if I actually sleep...then I'm running for the toothbrush...although for some reason after a nap the toothbrush thing doesnt work all the time like usual.

You're right, I never noticed the connection between a nap and the loud ringing.  Weird.  Pls explain about the toothbrush reference.  Thanks.

Both ears but worse in the right ear. 

Very high pitch.

Varies throughout the day  - hardly notice it at all at work or while running about doing stuff.  Can be absolutely maddening at night when trying to get to sleep.

I tried the electric toothbrush thing and I kinda worked.

Also a weird one is the thumping trick where you thump the back of your head a few times with your thumbs, don't know why it works, but it can lessen the severity.