Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can someone confirm this plan is ok? semi-titration

[ch...]

Hi guys,

As some of you know titration didn't work for my boyfriend ... so we are going to slowly introduce titration into his daily dosage.

does the below plan sound ok to you?

currently on 1.5mg K

8am Morning: 0.5mg dry tablet

3pm afternoon: 0.25mg dry tablet/0.25mg in 100ml milk (removing 50ml milk to cut 0.125mg) 8% cut do this until stable 10-14 days

9:30pm Night: 0.5mg tablet

Is it necessary to use 100ml milk or could we do say 50ml? and remove 25ml?

We are just not sure what to do after this cut as we would like to remove again off the afternoon dose leaving only a 0.25mg in the afternoon, would this be ok or would you recommend removing it from the morning dose in the same way after the above cut?

Chig x

What you are proposing would result in an 8% reduction of the overall dose (1.5mg) if that's what you are going for. I'm puzzled by why you wouldn't follow the usual titration protocol of removing a tiny amount every day or so (eg, 1-2ml), rather than a relatively large reduction all at once.  I think starting reducing from the afternoon dose is a good plan.  And, yes, you could use 50ml and remove 25ml to get the same .125mg reduction.  Hope this works out better for him.

Hi guys,

As some of you know titration didn't work for my boyfriend ... so we are going to slowly introduce titration into his daily dosage.

does the below plan sound ok to you?

currently on 1.5mg K

8am Morning: 0.5mg dry tablet

3pm afternoon: 0.25mg dry tablet/0.25mg in 100ml milk (removing 50ml milk to cut 0.125mg) 8% cut do this until stable 10-14 days

9:30pm Night: 0.5mg tablet

Is it necessary to use 100ml milk or could we do say 50ml? and remove 25ml?

We are just not sure what to do after this cut as we would like to remove again off the afternoon dose leaving only a 0.25mg in the afternoon, would this be ok or would you recommend removing it from the morning dose in the same way after the above cut?

Chig x

Looks fine, and 50ml of milk should be fine too, though I would suggest doing daily reductions, instead of removing .125mg at once and holding 10-14 days, you can reduce by 0.01mg/day for .12mg every 12 days and see how that goes, that would be 4ml/day if using 100ml or 2ml/day if using 50ml. If he starts feeling worse you can try slowing this down, it's maybe on the fast side for him to begin with... The thing with these daily reductions is that they work much better, but if you can't keep an eye out on your symptoms and you go too fast and continue to cut despite the fact that you keep getting worse it can be very very bad news.

It's not like he's stable to begin with, so this might be much smoother for him.

Best of luck Chig!!

Aww thanks both!!

Ok, so now we have 0.25mg in milk dissolving overnight and tomorrow we will remove 2ml of the 50ml.

When we have removed half of this should we continue into reducing the rest?

I just worry they said to try and keep the doses as equal as possible?

So it would be...........

0.50mg morn 0.25mg afternoon 0.50mg night

Is it ok to dip like that in the afternoon?

I hope this makes sense, I am finding it hard trying to explain what's in my head lol!

Chig x

I just worry they said to try and keep the doses as equal as possible?

So it would be...........

0.50mg morn 0.25mg afternoon 0.50mg night

Is it ok to dip like that in the afternoon?

I hope this makes sense, I am finding it hard trying to explain what's in my head lol!

Chig x

Since he's only titrating as small an amount as possible, he has no choice. Once he finishes titrating the half a tablet, he can alternate to a different dose to reduce to keep them as equal as possible.

I really hope this works for him Chiggy..

You're quite welcome Chiggy... I just hope it works for him!

Once you get down to 0.25mg 0.25mg 0.25mg you'll have to figure something else out, as you won't be able to continue partial titration and 3x/day dosing, but don't worry about tomorrow's issues today.