Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Watch out for the Accord Health brand Klon

[ac...]

All but one pharmacy where I live quit carrying Teva generic Clonazepam.  Most dont carry the brand name Klon.  Teva dissolved well in milk.  I just got my refill with accord health brand - they will not dissolve in milk.  They float to the top and bottom, stay clumpy no matter what, and when I poured out my milk, all of the pill particles stayed stuck to the sides of the cylinder!

I found CVS has Teva, so I will be getting some from there ASAP.

Just thought I would mention it.

• 1 month later...

I went to my pharmacy last month to pick up my clonazepam and they had substituted another brand for the Teva that I was using.  I had them transfer my prescription to a Kmart pharmacy that had Teva brand.  I'm so close to the end, and I was concerned about any problems with a new brand.  After reading your post, I'm glad I did get Teva.

Hope you are doing well.

Lynn

All but one pharmacy where I live quit carrying Teva generic Clonazepam.  Most dont carry the brand name Klon.  Teva dissolved well in milk.  I just got my refill with accord health brand - they will not dissolve in milk.  They float to the top and bottom, stay clumpy no matter what, and when I poured out my milk, all of the pill particles stayed stuck to the sides of the cylinder!

I found CVS has Teva, so I will be getting some from there ASAP.

Just thought I would mention it.

I had the same problem with the Accord brand (orange flat round pills).  It also increased my symptoms.  The pharmacy I got it from has great service and the lady was very nice to me.  She ordered me Mylan which works ok for me as well as Teva. (Mylan is the hard yellow rounded ones and Teva are the softer flat yellow ones i think)  The pink ones are the worst though.  Even worse than Accord.  They are made by Actavis.  Avoid them at all costs.  They are even more clumpy than Accord and caused me to get very sick!  Thank you for this post.  I never thought brand names would make a difference, but they do.  It has to do with fillers/bonders etc.  I think some of them are actually weaker or of less quality too.  Believe me, you will know if you take a brand you cannot tolerate!  All the best.

Kian