Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When to cut ?

[NY...]

Hi BB,

Just want to give a review of how I've been tapering in case my signature is confusing.  I started cutting my night time dose from .25 to .20 (Compounded) on May 8, 2011.  I waited two weeks then went to .15; waited only one week and went to .10; waited one week and went to .05.  I then waited one week and jumped off @ .05.

I waited one week and started tapering my am dose.  It was difficult to tell if I was @ .25 for my am dose because I was cutting .50 tablets in half and the pills were all different sizes.  I decided I was probably closer to .20 so went down to .15. 

It's been 3 weeks since I cut to .15 and I have not stabilized yet.  I did experience a window two Wednesdays ago and this past Thursday afternoon; however, Friday, Sat & today have been really rough. 

I really need some feedback.  Should I hold for one more week or cut again tomorrow? 

Thank you,

NYClady

I don't really know if it would make a difference, but you could hold another week or so and see if it makes a difference.  So often we hit a really bad patch at the end of a taper. I see it posted about a lot.  I hit bad patch at .25mg.  I held longer than usual but didn't feel any better so decided to push through to the end.  I'll never know if things would have been better if I had held longer but I was glad to be done with the benzo and in the "full healing" stage earlier rather than later. 

Hi Beeper,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.  I woke up this morning and said enough is enough.  I've held for 3 weeks and don't feel well.  I bit the bullet and cut to .10.  I AM GOING TO BE FINE!!!!! 

What's weird is that today I had a window. 

Again thanks for your input,

NYClady

Good for you!  You are getting so close to the end of your taper.  As I remember, it feels great and scary at the same time.  You are right:  you will be fine.  ;)

I'm so happy to hear you got a window, NYClady. It's always nice when we feel better after feeling crud. Enjoy that window for all it's worth and I hope many more start opening up for you. You're almost at the finish line. Congratulations!  :)

@[ B...]

@ Shane, thanks for your good wishes.  I pray that you would also experience many good days.

Take care,

NYClady