Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Frustrating w/d symptoms

First of all, compared to some of the horror stories I've read on here, I feel like my w/d has been relatively mild so far by comparison.  My hat's off to you who manage to get through your living nightmare.

My worst w/d symptoms so far are a nearly persistent headache and pretty bad tinnitus.

The headache is manageable, but I ran into a whole new problem with getting rebound headaches from Tylenol withdrawal!  Who knew?  Anyway, Celebrex on an as needed basis seems to take care of the worst of this.

If anything will break me it's the tinnitus.  Please advise best way to deal with this.  It's truly maddening and never really goes away.  It's worst at night when I'm trying to get to sleep.  Of course, I time my dose to be a bit before bedtime to help..I'm really concerned is what happens when my dose goes down and the tinnitus gets even worse.  Any advice for dealing with this is greatly appreciated.

I developed tinnitus through this process too, and like you, it always seemed to get louder at night while trying to fall asleep. I used a fan in my room to mask the noise, it seems to work fairly well for me. Maybe a radio or white noise to help will help you?

It's still with me but not as intense. I was hearing horn-like sounds and hissing, now it's more like a general hissing sound. On days I don't get good sleep or I'm stressed out, it gets a little louder. I've heard from many people that the tinnitus seems to hang around a little longer as a wd symptom though it does lessen over time.  :thumbsup:

Although its most liklley the benzo,  You mght get a blood draw with docs permision for everything you are taking and see.  50% of my ringing turned out to be from another med.

There is not a doubt in my mind what's causing the tinnitus.  It perfectly correspondence to reduction in K.