Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

interdose withdrawals.... need thoughts on subject

im currently tapering off lorazepam. i divide my daily dose up into 4 doses. i still get interdose withdrawls. has anybody gone to a 5 time a day dosing to help this? im afraid if i go to 5 times a day there wont be enough drug in my system at any given time to help me out if i need it. i seemed to do better with higher doses but ess frequent. but i honestly some days have a hard time waiting until my next dose. yesterday only 2 hours after my dose i was craving more. but i had to wait 4 hours still... some days are better than others. any suggestions? i kinda need help so i can keep tapering.

When I started tapering, I was dosing 5x/day and still had interdose withdrawals.  Or maybe it felt that way because I was already in tolerance withdrawal.  I don't think there'd be any harm in you trying 5x/day but there's certainly no guarantee it will help.  Sorry about that.  :(

going to 5 doses spread equaly apart starts to seriously cut into a normal 8hr sleep pattern.  Im on 4X/dy 6hrs apart and stlill get interdose crashing/shakes.  I have tried spliting my 6hr dose in half and did get 2:40 to 3hrs coverage. Best to experiment and see fwhat works for yourself.  Food in stomach before dose does produce more even (longer) absorbtion time. small well timed doses of phenobarbial (which I take) cancels the the shakes but has its own tradeoffs.  (Im dealing with epilepsy so shakes are to be avoided)