Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

when to start titration process?

[va...]

right now im currently dry cutting off lorazepam. i would like to switch over to titration to slow down the withdrawls symptoms and ease the shock to my body. i have the plan all drawn up. but the last few dry cuts havent been "too" bad. should i continue to dry cut as far as i can? because i think i can dry cut faster than i can titrate. i figured out titrating will take an extra 30 or 45 dys longer than my current plan. or should i switch now so i reduce the chance that i may go too fast and hit a wall?

Some people have suggested to start with a 10% taper and then 1%/dy afterwards as a way of getting a jump start.  But its really not about how fast you finish the race its about finishing without having to reinstate the meds. Using 1.0mg scored tablets and cut very carefully I was able to get down to 1.0mg/day. (.25mgX4/dy).

right now im currently dry cutting off lorazepam. i would like to switch over to titration to slow down the withdrawls symptoms and ease the shock to my body. i have the plan all drawn up. but the last few dry cuts havent been "too" bad. should i continue to dry cut as far as i can? because i think i can dry cut faster than i can titrate. i figured out titrating will take an extra 30 or 45 dys longer than my current plan. or should i switch now so i reduce the chance that i may go too fast and hit a wall?

Hi vardenafil,

This is a personal choice. No one can make that decision for you.  Also titration is not a magic bullet for your WD symptoms. It doesnt "slow down" the Wd sx. it just allows for a slightly smoother taper at the smaller doses because you can make smaller and more accurate cuts.  Remember with benzo's, faster is not better.  Slow and steady usually pays off in the end.

Good luck to you

Only more frequent doses (same total) will affect w/d symptoms in my opinion.  Im doing lorazepam 4X/day which means smaller individual doses so you start titrating sooner. I just went below 1.0mg/day and have decided its time to start titrating.