Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

6 months out and experiencing windows and waves....

Hi everyone, It's been 6 months since my last valium dose and my low energy is a lot better but i am still experiencing aches

in my joints and still feel ropey to be honest.

However, i do feel an overall change for the better but it is only slight. Wow, i did'nt expect this when i came off them it is hard

work !  In the last month i have had two or three windows that have lasted a few days where i feel a lot better and my symptoms

seem to ease up. Then a few days ago my symptoms came back and i am aching again which is a bit down heartening.

I know things will get better with time and the windows are a great little look into the future, It will be so amazing to feel ok once

again.  If you are struggling i promise it does get better as time goes on. I certainly feel better than i did 2 months ago, it's just

a shame these withdrawals take so long !

Anyway, i am going to keep plodding in the right direction and each day clean is a days healing.

Best wishes, Kev xx 

[e5...]

I know things will get better with time and the windows are a great little look into the future, It will be so amazing to feel ok once

again.  If you are struggling i promise it does get better as time goes on. I certainly feel better than i did 2 months ago, it's just

a shame these withdrawals take so long !

Anyway, i am going to keep plodding in the right direction and each day clean is a days healing.

I have similar windows and waves, but don't handle these changes nearly as well as you seem to be.  Your attitude is very positive and commendable.  I hope very much that these waves turn into wide open windows for you soon.

Nicole

KF, thats great things are improving for you!!! It sounds like you are kicking the benzo monsters Butt!!!  thats awesome man!! keep up the good fight.. :)

Did you taper, or go ct?

Thanks for the nice comments. Mark I tapered and went from 5mg down to .6 then jumped in 2 to 3 months.

It was'nt slow but it was at a quick ish pace because thats what i asked the doctor to do for me.

Being off them is amazing, i have a sense of freedom and i don't have to do it anymore.