Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Support makes all the difference

[Fl...]

12 years on benzos. From Xanax to klonapin to Valium. Several weeks into taper. Use 5 mg tablets and am down from 25 to 30 mg to 7.5 to 10 mg.

Hi Fliprain and welcome to Benzo Buddies.

It sounds like you've been moving quickly with your taper.  Can you tell us a little more about how you are reducing and how long in between cuts?

We're glad you found us, and let us know how we may help.

Thanks sigma. Took me this long to figure out how to reply to your kind message. Any suggestions on how best to get actively involved? :)

Hello Fliprain and welcoming you to BB! Glad you found us and are learning your way around the forum. Suggestions for how to get involved, really whatever questions you have you can post here or you could start a blog. How are you feeling today? Let us know what further questions you have.

Hey Fliprain,

You're absolutely correct. Support makes a world of difference. I don't know how I would have coped if it were not for the amazing people on this forum. You're going to find that we're all hear to help you, so ask any questions you like. Welcome to BB!  :)

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

I found myself after several months. Bumping.

I'm moving over from the Trap, since they are sadly shutting down. I'm sure you have many new trap members. Thank you fir taking us all in!

:thumbsup:

Flip

Hope thank you very much for the welcome and the link!

Zenith I like your new name! Yes, I did get your email. Just a bit ago. Thank you!

Settling in. Unpacking. Checking out all the nooks and crannies. There is a lot to see here. I hope everyone is feeling comfortable!

:smitten:

Flip

Hi Flip

I just read your signature - see you take Visteril for sleep.  My G.P.  also prescribed it 100mg for me (aka Atarax)  I have been nervous to take it incase it interferred with tapering.  Any Advice :idiot:

Love

Carol (Meeee)

Hey Carol,

No advice, really. It was prescribed to me about half way through my taper because it was getting dangerous that I could never sleep.

I started at I higher dose, but now am just at 50 mg. I don't take it every night, but almost. It doesn't seem to have adverse affects. But it does cross the blood brain barrier and every body is different, so use cautiously. It of course works on the histamine receptors, not the gabba.

Hope this helps!

Flip  :smitten:

I'm good Charlie A  :thumbsup:

Finding my way. Feel a bit disconnected as in haven't touched base with everyone yet.

How's your head?

:-\

Flip

Whatever begins, also ends

These are the words of Lucius Annaeus Senaca (ca. 4BC-65 AD), a Roman Philosopher. Only four words, but how profound.  Think about it, whatever begins, also ends.  These four words have meaning in every aspect of a person's life.

This means if you are suffering from the long, agonizing pain of withdrawals, it will end.  So very true, it will indeed end, and you will be back to living life again, in a way that you never have before, because through this ordeal, you have realized  that the trivial things in life do not matter so much anymore. 

I borrowed this from PJs blog. I hope it's OK, PJ.

I thought is particularly meaningful to the handful of trap members who have found their way to our new home at benzo buddies.

Thank you for having us and for making us feel welcome.

A huge thanks in advance to the hardworking moderators.  I think I didn't appreciate the staff at the trap enough, even though I thought I did.  I didn't realize what incredibly hard work you all do. So I'm starting off here, by being very appreciative!

Thank you!

Flip

:2funny:  :oops:

Charlie, your poor head. Get a cold rag and put it over your eyes. I'm not sure it will help your head but at least you won't be able to see your parrot hair!  :laugh:

Hello Alex and Flip.

I agree support makes a big difference. For me, so does information. I am always looking for that and since my situation is "odd" I keep looking for the reasons and resolution.

Some guy over at Trap says he is registering "Benzo sanctuary" now to take the place of Trap. Says it will take it's place, but will take a few days to get up and running. Whatever. The more info available, the better.

Hope to correspond and "brainstorm" with you two in "cyberspace" as I guess that's where we are.

Intend

Hi Intend,

I'm sorry I didn't answer your messages regarding getting enough posts for the Trap, but guess that's a moot point now.

I don't know just what I can offer, as I've been off Xanax for several years. Now it's just Valium.

Still, we can talk. Can you not find anyone here in a similar situatio ?

Flip