Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tapering Klonopin Spreadsheet Help!

[Bu...]

I am on 3mg daily Klonopin. Want to start my taper by cutting or titrating. I have to use 2mg white pills due to dye allergy so its hard to get an accurate cut.

I am also confused by info given by professionals. I am told that K is a drug that builds up in the body over 3 days. I tried cutting everyday like told by physician but it was too much over 3 days I ended up with too high a %. I was cutting 0.5 everyday....sent me into panic attacks.

I want to do 10% and make a 14 day drop spreadsheet calendar like I did with Gabapentin which I cut first then titrated when pill began crumbling.

Since these pills are so small I may have to start with titrating which is not a problem for me. It seemed more accurate on dosage with the Gabapentin and it worked.

But Gabapentin left my system each day so I did not have the 3 day build up problem.

I am having problems and would appreciate anyones experience with 2mg pills, cutting, titrating 10% every 14 days........so I can make my spreadsheet.

First I am moving my 1mg (I cut my 2mg pills in half) 3xday to 1 mg noon, 2 mg night. This will cut out my fatigue in the morning and see if my body cares about the change. I can't take all 3mg at night I get a headache and am allergic to all other meds to stop side effects.

I know this is workable with my limits but would appreciate constructive input and math!

ButterflyEffect

Maybe someone else will have different information, but I don't know any way to get exactly 10% cuts by dry cutting.  If titration isn't a problem for you, maybe that's the way to go.  If you want to request help with a titration schedule, you can start a topic/thread on the Titration tapers board.  There's a thread at the top of that board that lists what information is needed to create such a schedule.

Can you get smaller pills? I'm dry cutting right now. I weigh the pills with a jewelers scale. It measures .001. I got the scale on amazon. I do have a spreadsheet I got on another website. It can be done.

Love Amazon...will go there for scale.

No I have to use 2mg because they are the only pills w/o dye...allergy to dyes. Makes it a challenge...had same problem with Neurotin...had to cut and titrate 600 mg tablets. YIKES.

Thanks!

ButterflyEffect