Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Adrenaline Rushes

[99...]

[99...]

Do any of you have Adrenaline Rushes in the mornings?

How do you cope with them?

It's very unpleasant!

Do any of you have Adrenaline Rushes in the mornings?

How do you cope with them?

It's very unpleasant!

Dear Sigma Hope you are okay?  I can relate to you.. I get them every morning.. Gosh.  I assume this is W/D.. I try to get out of bed right away when you feel this.. It helps it. Also I try eating a protein snack. That helps too...

I hope you feel better soon.. I think about your well being alway's..

Mishi

Hi S#

Yup I get them in the mornings right when my eyes open it starts.  As mish said Getting out of bed RIGHT away helps me. The more lay there and focus on it, the more apt I am to have a panic.  I get up and immediately get busy with doing dishes from the night before or something such as vacuuming.  Something that will take 10-15 mins and keep my mind off of it and keep my physically moving.  It usually helps.

I would get them a lot at all times of the day... I could feeling it welling up from my core up into my head...

What I would do is try to tell myself its just a sensation and then i would do something with the nervous energy.

I would take pictures, walk a lot, clean up the apt, anything to get me a little tired.

Other times i would do guided meditation and see the anxious feeling like a cloud passing by..

I would even visualize me sitting next to myself, :)  I or me would be the way I was before, strong and in control of my body and mind, the other me would be what I've become.  I'd put an arm around myself and just comfort myself, let me cry on me.. confusing, but it helped a lot.  I feel very alone in this process, so some days all I had was me.

Well, hopefully you dont think Im crazy, feel better Sig

Hey Sigma,

You can add this to my list as well. I get these almost daily.  Normally in the morning when I wake up, or if I get up during the night to go pee.  I had it when I initially tapered from Clonazepam, but it came on stronger once I crossed over to Diazepam.  So now I am so use to it that it doesn't bother me as much...but it still gives me a good jolt and makes me feel "cautious" or "on guard".  Not a pleasant feeling...sorry you are experiencing it as well. 

All the best, Sigma,

Schatje

[99...]
but it came on stronger once I crossed over to Diazepam.

I didn't have them until I got below 25mg of Valium..

Strange.

Yes Sigma,  a rush from the pit of my stomach that shot up into my head... real crazy nervous energy. Mind you I would bounce from fatigue to having this rush...  It wasn't fun. I liked the feeling of having energy but it was like i was scared which who the hell wants to feel scared?

My cuts were 50% and so I would feel so many wacky feelings.  8 weeks off today and still dealing brother.

LP,

You get a feeling they are going up into your head?

I have this feeling Keryn.  This is one of the symptoms that cycles for me.  The electrical surges seem to rush into my limbs, too.  It comes and goes which is good.  This must be the brain firing up, from healing.

[99...]

LP,

You get a feeling they are going up into your head?

I have this feeling Keryn.  This is one of the symptoms that cycles for me.  The electrical surges seem to rush into my limbs, too.  It comes and goes which is good.  This must be the brain firing up, from healing.

Ya, scary tho :(

Lord Sigma, I was twitching and having zaps, I couldn't tell you if it was just surges or not...  I felt a lot of crap all at once, its hard to know...

Feel batter man... Sorry this has been hard for you, saw that you up dosed... feel better.

[99...]

Lord Sigma, I was twitching and having zaps, I couldn't tell you if it was just surges or not...  I felt a lot of crap all at once, its hard to know...

Feel batter man... Sorry this has been hard for you, saw that you up dosed... feel better.

Yes it has been hard!

Very hard to go thru.

I don't have the brain zaps..... yet!

But the rushes I do.

You take it easy!

Anyone else have the rushes?

Yes Sigma, sometimes I have mini waves of rushes all day long, then if something startles me (not hard to do right now, lol) I get a feeling in my stomach, then electric shocks go through my body, but only lasts for a few seconds.

I can only tolerate going out and doing things for about 4 hours or so and then I have to come back home, otherwise the rushes are too much. I think it's because I'm tapering and in tolerance at the same time.

I hope yours go away soon. :)