Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Waves & Windows - Hit you fast and hard or slow and steady?

That's was short lived!!!!! Well I had a 30 day window two weeks after my last dose ( at the time didn't know that's what it was). Then the symptoms starting coming on pretty steady until this past Sunday when I had the worst night I've experienced to date. I thought to myself how could it possibly get worse? ??? Monday morning I woke up feeling great and to my suprise I continued to feel great up until tonight when it hit me just as hard as it went away!!!

In any case just wondering how you all experience your waves and windows. I was really suprised at how fast they hit. To go from feeling that bad to feeling great and from feeling great to going down the toliet in a split second is crazy.

Hi Fire -

With me it was like flipping a switch - very quickly!  Sometimes is was intraday, sometimes day by day.  Early on windows seemed to come on certain days, stay open all day and maybe for several days, and then close for weeks.  Recently it has been certain hours in each day.  I rarely go a day without a window but I also feel pretty miserable most days as well.  Everyone is different - there is no logic to this.

Best, Billwill

[5b...]

I'm with Bill on this. 

Early on I used to have great windows that lasted a day or two at a time.  Lately I'm lucky to get a few hours or a half a day.  It is very much like flipping a switch. I'll be sitting there feeling fine and all of a sudden...bam! It is like night and day.  It's very bizarre how you can feel so wonderful one minute, only to be suffering the very next minute.

Hang in there.  You're absolutely not alone.

I agree with everyone else, it's like flipping a light switch! This has been happening to me for years as I see-sawed my benzo dose, and probably had a component of tolerance withdrawal going on too. It happens so quickly...

Libby

Well thats what it sounds like with most is flipping a switch. Definetly does for me. I havent really experienced the minute on minute or hour on hour off windows yet. Mine seem to be more on track with longer periods.  Thanks for you replys.

I notice that my windows do take place really quickly from the onset but they gradually get better feeling over the course of about an hour for me. Sometimes I feel it transition within seconds and then from there it can snowball into a good window over a period of time or it can go the other way and I lose it quickly.

My bad waves start slow. They graduallly get worse and worse over a 3 month period to where i'm literally writhing in agony on the couch not able to do much. Then, one day I may notice a lessening of symptoms then bad again, then better pretty fast and I usually end up having a month or more of windows before it cycles back around again. During my "windows" I usually have a few symptoms like anxiety, etc but everything is better. Anyone else get hit like this?

Jesus, lol. Yea I haven't been dealing with this that long yet but that sounds like w/d alright. The waves will snowball for me in the same way the windows can.