Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Throat feeling weird

I wanted to know does or has anyones throat felt weird like something is in it down low? I am tapering off ativan, by the way. Thanks for any input in this.

I wanted to know does or has anyones throat felt weird like something is in it down low? I am tapering off ativan, by the way. Thanks for any input in this.

i had the feeling that something was stuck in my throat for months...finally went away

Yep. Something in the throat, throat constriction, throat spasms, sore throat, had it all at one time or another.

Ditto - I can hear my throat make a clicking sound sometimes when I swallow.  I've had this symptom for a couple of weeks now.

It could be that "lump in throat" feeling they always describe as an anxiety symptom. I've had the lump feeling too, it went away, I think it will for you too.

Yes.  It felt like I had swallowed a large pill that got stuck and it HURT!  It's called globus hystericus and it's related to anxiety and muscle spasms in the throat.  It's not life threatening but it's understandable why this would be a symptom in benzo withdrawal.

Yeah I have taht too,. right now it feels like my thraot is swollen up , and its closing in on me extremly uncomfortable .

I have had everything mentioned plus strange rubberband like sensations- and difficulty swallowing (probably from the throat constriction's Drak was referring to).